Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Checking out the competitors.

Alex.S

Reduced by £3k ! How the f*** ? 
Is that maybe the government incentive? Is it £3k off cars over £35k ? 

Charging schemes in UK

Purchase grant: The Plug-In Car Grant covers 35% of the cost of a car (up to a maximum of £4,500 depending on the model) and 20% of the cost of a van, up to a maximum of £8,000. This is without doubt the important incentive for private vehicles in the UK.

• 2 months later...

Might be old news on here? But I heard Ford are giving the Focus a facelift in 2022. Anyone got any info on this? 

15 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Might be old news on here? But I heard Ford are giving the Focus a facelift in 2022. Anyone got any info on this? 

Did see a few renders online with the wrap covering parts up. Below is a non official render to get an idea.

• Thanks 1

It’s going to have the badge in the grille like the Fiesta now does. You can see it in the mule spy shots. 

Hopefully it looks more cohesive than the fiesta. 

• Like 2

They can tinker with the looks it’s the engine and gearbox is my main interest. Surely be a plug in hybrid or full EV 🤔 I guess gearboxes days are numbered. 

13 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

They can tinker with the looks it’s the engine and gearbox is my main interest. Surely be a plug in hybrid or full EV 🤔 I guess gearboxes days are numbered. 

Might see a Kuga style phev, but it won’t be a full ev. Ford are using the VW MEB platform for their EVs. So that’s going to be mk5 or more likely as VW are doing a separate model range. 

21 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Might see a Kuga style phev, but it won’t be a full ev. Ford are using the VW MEB platform for their EVs. So that’s going to be mk5 or more likely as VW are doing a separate model range. 

Seems at the moment most plug in hybrid  and EV are in SUVs or estate cars but the Golf GTE is phev at the cost of some boot space and some weight. Personally I can live with that. 

28 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Seems at the moment most plug in hybrid  and EV are in SUVs or estate cars but the Golf GTE is phev at the cost of some boot space and some weight. Personally I can live with that. 

It's a nice looking motor but not sure if I could live with the fabric design of those seats......

2 hours ago, Wino said:

It's a nice looking motor but not sure if I could live with the fabric design of those seats......

The seats are in homage to the mk1 GTI. I’d prefer leather. The shape of the seats look good and it performs like a GTI assuming there’s battery life left. The ICE in it’s a 1.4L 150bhp, combined with the electric motor 245bhp same as the GTI. One reviewer said it’s like driving a GTI with 2 passengers. More economical than the GTD apparently..

• Like 1

If I heard correctly the full leather option cost 2 grand 😬

12 hours ago, Alex.S said:

If I heard correctly the full leather option cost 2 grand 😬

Over £2k for the full leather seats.  £800 for adaptive suspension.  £650 for metallic paint.  £300 for rear view camera.  And my personal favourite, £110 for dynamic (self levelling) centre caps!  Oh, and £1200 if you want the upgraded 'Pro' sat nav...

This has always been the problem with VW's for me, even on high spec models there are still so many options so it's impossible to find a used one with all the spec I want! :sad: 

I like the tartan seats on the GTI/D/E though, might be in the minority with that! :laugh: 

I've heard on the grapevine that the GTE build times are fairly short at the moment.  VW need to get more of them out to even out their global CO2 figures...  So there are plenty of partly built GTD's in the factory compound missing parts that have been diverted into the GTE's instead.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Over £2k for the full leather seats.  £800 for adaptive suspension.  £650 for metallic paint.  £300 for rear view camera.  And my personal favourite, £110 for dynamic (self levelling) centre caps!  Oh, and £1200 if you want the upgraded 'Pro' sat nav...

Add on these extras it’s a 40k car!! Afaik VW have a 200bhp plug in hybrid Golf . Golf e or something. Anyway not available in uk. 
What’s dynamic centre caps? 

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

What’s dynamic centre caps? 

The wheel centre caps are weighted and on roller bearings so the VW logo is always the right way up when you park.  Absolute necessity imo! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The wheel centre caps are weighted and on roller bearings so the VW logo is always the right way up when you park.  Absolute necessity imo! :laugh: 

That would please my OCD ! 

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Oddly enough spotted a,VW camper with those the other day while driving down to Norfolk. Even odder, found myself thinking "how cool is that". I must be getting sad in my old age!😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 10:12 AM, TomsFocus said:

That's an idea nicked from Rolls-Royce.

On 10/12/2021 at 10:12 AM, TomsFocus said:

Friend of the Mrs has some on his hairdressers car ....I mean his Mini with some go faster stripes on the bonnet and some union jack style rear lights 😮

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjt said:

That's an idea nicked from Rolls-Royce.

It is.  Though you can also get them on BMWs since they own Rolls Royce.  I suspect the VW group probably first used them on Bentleys.  

It doesn't give the full proper ocd satisfying effect though. For that you need the valves on all four wheels in the same position to ensure that the wheel spokes on all four wheels are at the same angle. It doesn't need any fancy gadgets just jack the car up each time you park it and rotate each wheel to the correct position. If you look at static car displays at car shows or cars that have been professionally photographed for promotional purposes that is what they will have done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

give the full proper ocd satisfying effect

Just ordered a trolley jack

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Just ordered a trolley jack! 

Was it the electric  5 tonne jack that plugs into one of the car ports by any chance ?  

My father owned a Morris "Twenty One" which had hydraulic jacks built into the axles on all four corners. You lifted a panel in the floor in front of the drivers seat, fitted a handle and could jack the whole car off the ground.

• Like 3

The GTE here is obviously the best , highest spec but over £3k ap .

my possibilities for next year….

CE34FEEC-81D3-408A-823F-591521C28C1C.png

E861A91D-8A0B-48EE-8BD7-D3AE06B5DAC4.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club