Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet rear passenger footwell?

ben100

My rear passenger footwell in my 06 focus is wet. Every other footwell seems dry just that one that is wet, any ideas? You can see in the picture the patch where it’s wet.

34C033E6-15F0-4035-BABF-BA59526E7518.thumb.jpeg.e774327a17dfdd4c369c4be827d22cfc.jpeg

Have you poured a bucket of water around the door and boot to see if there are any issues with any of the window, door or boot seals?
I have had a leak in my 2009 Focus around the top left of the rear, near side door.
My neighbour's 2005 Focus also had a mild leak around the top left of the boot seal and that was running through the boot and under the rear seats.

34 minutes ago, Madogen said:

Have you poured a bucket of water around the door and boot to see if there are any issues with any of the window, door or boot seals?
I have had a leak in my 2009 Focus around the top left of the rear, near side door.
My neighbour's 2005 Focus also had a mild leak around the top left of the boot seal and that was running through the boot and under the rear seats.

I think it might be the boot/light area as there is a patch there but is a leak there enough for it to end up on the rear passenger footwell?

On 2/15/2021 at 12:57 PM, ben100 said:

I think it might be the boot/light area as there is a patch there but is a leak there enough for it to end up on the rear passenger footwell?

Sorry Ben, I hadn't seen that you'd replied.  It is possible for the water to be displaced while driving, especially under breaking, but it all depends on how wet the footwell is compared to the boot area, etc, there may be more than one issue.  The bucket / hose test is certainly a good place to start and examining all the seals around the external of the car for damage or poor fitment.  Maybe even look under the car or lift the carpet (if you are confident enough) to look for damage to the floor or sills.

I had a '83 Mini that had water ingress through the passenger footwell floor and a '76 MGB that had ingress through inner wheel arch, so you never know.

If nothing is obvious, a body shop or garage is a good way to go.  Usually inspections are free or a nominal fee for time, such as £30 for a half hour inspection.

• 3 weeks later...

So I’ve sealed the whole boot area, spoiler & the roof trim. Is it possible for the water on this model & year to run from the front passenger footwell to the rear passenger footwell as I’ve lifted the mat from the front passenger footwell & as you can see in the pictures there is this white patch there & when I put my finger under that flap in the other picture it was soggy? What could it be coming in from that area?

1E1F56E8-63B0-49F2-83B6-CCE678647AD8.thumb.jpeg.fa90dc2fef69162784eb6b18f9c35056.jpeg

317018C7-C7D4-44FD-9EDC-C72B9BA18D4B.thumb.jpeg.b7f4225b04f7ded60c00de25d2a096d3.jpeg

Hello,if parked on a slope water from boot area will move downhill through gravity and capilliary action.

Good luck

👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club