Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adaptive Cruise Control

JackieH

I would like to disable this and set it back to classic cruise control. Can someone please tell me if this is possible?

Yes you can, its in the driver assistance part of the settings in the dashboard - To get to it scroll through the dash until its the picture of the Car and then press the 3 lines on the right side of the steering wheel to get to the settings

Personally could never go back to normal cruise control after having Adaptive!

• Like 1

Agree with FezMan with standard cruise you spend all your time ticking the speed up and down as the car in front speeds up and slows down.

I must admit I wish I had adaptive CC on my Fiesta like I did on my previous Toyota CHR.

I couldn't believe it when I discovered adaptive wasn't included with Vignale.

Personally I can't see the point of cruise control without adaptive

It would work OK without adaptive on Route 66 maybe but not on uk roads 🙂

Adaptive cruise control would be useful if it was safely implemented on the current Fiesta (don't know if it's the same for all ford models)

Unfortunately even on it's furthest setting it is only just at the bare minimum safe following distance. I wouldn't want to use it in it's current state.

I won't argue my case again here as I've done this topic before 🙂

I use my cruise control all the time.   I wouldn't fancy the adaptive though from what I've heard.

5 hours ago, Bobr said:

I use my cruise control all the time.   I wouldn't fancy the adaptive though from what I've heard.

I think like any piece of kit its safe if you use it with care, if you talking about being too close too the car  in front, (and I don't find the longest setting too close) don't forget it doesn't need "thinking" time, it instantly brakes if the car in front does, but in busy traffic with cars changing lane i would turn it off - but I woudn't use normal cruise in that situation either.

I think it always seemed to work safely on my Toyota and did keep a good at least 2 second distance which you could adjust.

1 thing I always had to be mindful of was the occasional fool who would cut you up on the motorway which resulted in the adaptive breaking hard to maintain its pre programmed distance.

Also I guess  that each time it had to correct the distance I presume it would put the brake lights on, I presume this would happen but never tested it, which might explain why when driving on the motorway you occasionally get behind a car who's brake lights constantly go on and off, like I say not sure if that theory is correct or not.

🙂

It's one of those that when you first ever use it, it makes for a nervous drive until you get used to it with your foot constantly hovering over the break. Once you learn to trust it and with the 3 settings for the distance its brilliant for the motorway.

By all means that doesn't mean stop paying attention though and although the car does break for you there's nothing stoping the car in front of you completely slamming on the breaks, but thats the same for any ACC in any model car.

When it came to getting my current Focus the drivers assistance pack was one of the main things I was looking for simply for ACC, if it didn't have it then it was a no go!

2 minutes ago, FezMan said:

It's one of those that when you first ever use it, it makes for a nervous drive until you get used to it with your foot constantly hovering over the break. Once you learn to trust it and with the 3 settings for the distance its brilliant for the motorway.

By all means that doesn't mean stop paying attention though and although the car does break for you there's nothing stoping the car in front of you completely slamming on the breaks, but thats the same for any ACC in any model car.

When it came to getting my current Focus the drivers assistance pack was one of the main things I was looking for simply for ACC, if it didn't have it then it was a no go!

Very true, that was my experience too

Just now, Chainsawcharlie said:

I think it always seemed to work safely on my Toyota and did keep a good at least 2 second distance which you could adjust.

1 thing I always had to be mindful of was the occasional fool who would cut you up on the motorway which resulted in the adaptive breaking hard to maintain its pre programmed distance.

Also I guess  that each time it had to correct the distance I presume it would put the brake lights on, I presume this would happen but never tested it, which might explain why when driving on the motorway you occasionally get behind a car who's brake lights constantly go on and off, like I say not sure if that theory is correct or not.

🙂

The breaklights come on when the car slows down (only if it actually uses the breaks though it might just lay off the accelerator to slow down slightly) 

Obviously the lights should come on but it is one of those things that always makes me think the car behind me is probably wondering why the hell im breaking randomly, like you say its mainly when a car moves in front of you from another lane and your car gets back to the distance you have set, I find myself pressing the accelerator or disabling CC for a few seconds to pretty much stop this 

Yes I agree Fezman 

I think cruise control was originally for large countries like US and Australia where you can find yourself on a great long highway and have no need to touch the brake pedal for about 6 hours 🙂 not like our roads (carparks) 🙂

6 hours ago, FezMan said:

The breaklights come on when the car slows down (only if it actually uses the breaks though it might just lay off the accelerator to slow down slightly)

It would be much better if it could just allow the car to slow without braking but thats the difference, we can see a problem ahead and take a foot of the gas to let the car slow down adaptive cruise just keeps going until it finds an object in front of it.