Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP! Key fob not working!!FF 2005

lesterpester99

Hi all

I have tried looking through all posts but can't find a definite help.  

I tried unlocking my Ford focus 2005 with key fob as normal but nothing happens at all. I changed the key for battery and still nothing. Var battery should be fine although I doubt it would be an issue even if if wasn't...

I am scared to unlock with the key incase the alarm is triggered and I cannot turn it off. Some posts say if you put the key in ignition it will turn the alarm off but others say you can only use the fob. So I guess I have a few questions:

Does anyone know if I use the key will the alarm go off? If so can I disarm this with the key or any other way?

If i can get into the car, will it start with the key as normal or only turn on if I use the fob?

A post on here mentioned that the issue was relating to the really cold weather and went away when it warmed up? This seems strange to me as I have had the car in much colder weather before without issue. But could this be the issue? 

Any help or suggestions would be REALLY appreciated. I am sh#&¥ with cars and don't want to contact a garage unless i really have to. 

Key in ignition will deffo turn off alarm. 

Sounds like a broken chip board.... have you tried sync the key again? Ignition on and off until the dash go beep, then press lock or unlock

2 hours ago, m50e30 said:

Key in ignition will deffo turn off alarm. 

Sounds like a broken chip board.... have you tried sync the key again? Ignition on and off until the dash go beep, then press lock or unlock

Not yet,I will try that. I was freaking out if the alarm would go off and not be able to stop. 

Thanks for your reply!

6 hours ago, m50e30 said:

Let me know how you get on....

It worked! Unlocked with key, alarm went off but managed to disarm with key in ignition. I did the key in ignition about 3 or 4 times and then the fob started working again. Still not sure why that happened but at least it worked. 

Thanks for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club