Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Adaptors Or Beam Benders Or Tape

rikernumber1

Hi All,

I'm taking the Fiesta to Europe for a few days. It's a Mk 6. I'd like to use tape to mask the headlights, but there are no markings on the headlight that I can see. Can anyone advise where the tape needs to go?

TIA

I find it difficult.

The last trip i took to france in my mk6 i took it to my local garage and they put the car up to the headlight beam testers and applied the stickers that you can get from Halfords for a tenner and they were in exactly the right position. If you are an architect or graphics designer you may find the instructions easy to follow they were very complicated to me.

Jamie

Ive never understood why you haveto tape up certain parts of the lights?

Could some one explain, sorry if im being stupid

Jay

i would not bother i have done many thousands of miles abroad in car lorry etc etc and have never bothered with them....just make sure u have a warning triangle and high vis jackets for every person in the car.... and have a nice trip and if traveling through France take loads of money with you...

Jay

yes when we drive abroad our lights blind the foreign drivers apparently so putting these plastic things in the corner of our light is supposed to change the angle of beam... but just think when they come over here do they adjust there lights.......think not

Jay

Next time you go out in the dark, you'll see that your left headlight projects slightly further ahead, to the left and higher than your right does. This is so it illuminates the side of the road more than it does the oncoming traffic.

Obviously when you are on the other side of the road in eurpoe, the left light is now shining in the oncoming traffic instead of the side of the road

INteresting, I notived this alot on my mk6 fez, but not noticed it at all on my new one. hmmm

Thanks for the info.

Jay

i would not bother i have done many thousands of miles abroad in car lorry etc etc and have never bothered with them....just make sure u have a warning triangle and high vis jackets for every person in the car.... and have a nice trip and if traveling through France take loads of money with you...

Ditto - I have also done several thousand miles on the continent before, but I've always used the adaptors on other cars, to avoid any aggravation with police or insurance in the case of an accident. On our Picasso I've got plastic headlight protectors, which have the markings on the them, but it's just me going on business, which is why I'm taking the Fiesta (more economical!). It would be just my luck to get caught out, and it's also polite.

thanks anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club