Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've been an idiot and can't reinstall my interior light

LukeR238

Hi, first post so apologies if I mess up the formatting.

I've changed out the interior bulb on my Mk7 fiesta, but in doing so the whole plastic panel came out.

Now I can't seem to get the thing back in. There's this metal ring on the inside that is supposed to grip the housing, but it's just loose so it flops about and I can't seem to get it to stay in one place. Anyone got any tips on how to sort this?

Cheers in advance!

IMG_20210218_115956.jpg

Any chance you can glue the metal ring in place?

Looks like dry glue on the front there tbh?  Not sure it'll be easy to glue back with the headliner in place though!

To answer both of your questions, I did try to glue it myself but it didn't hold and I had a "is this really the right thing to do" moment!

• Like 1

Unless anyone has a better idea or a good reason not to, I'm just going to go at it with some super glue and see what happens.

I'm just baffled as to how they got it in there in the first place...

Probably installed before the head lining was put in.

• Like 2

Hi There,  Does the metal sit behind or infront of the roof liner ?. Look in the shops for metal to fabic glue and use

use spring paper clips to hold in place for better contact or even clothes pegs the more the better.

I am guessing that the metal clip re-enforces the headlining where the plastic piece goes.  Have you tried popping out the light from the plastic piece and using the resulting hole as a means to holding the metal clip in place while pushing the plastic piece in place, then pop the light back in.

I havent dont this myself so I dont know if the hole where the light goes is big enough to get you hand/fingers in to do this.

Just an idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AlanC2 said:

I am guessing that the metal clip re-enforces the headlining where the plastic piece goes.  Have you tried popping out the light from the plastic piece and using the resulting hole as a means to holding the metal clip in place while pushing the plastic piece in place, then pop the light back in.

I havent dont this myself so I dont know if the hole where the light goes is big enough to get you hand/fingers in to do this.

Just an idea.

That's actually a really smart idea. Thank you so much, I'll try it out tomorrow!

19 hours ago, AlanC2 said:

Just an idea.

OMG thank you so much, it worked perfectly!

IMG_20210220_081553.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club