Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking wheel nuts

redzzed

Ford Focus  1.6 tdci titanium .

Got a puncture (on a new tyre)  by  pinching against the kerb  as i parked , unable to get the wheelnut lock off  using the removaltool/key .

AA  also unable to  get it off  and it had to be cut off by  garage , so i have 3  wheels  with a locked wheelnut  on,and one without .

The  nutlock  remover is ruined and only have one of them . 

Can i only get a replacement from Fords  ?? and  any idea  how many mega bucks they will want for this  bit of metal. ?

thx in advance .

see pic .

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

Ford will be able to get a replacement. If you don’t have the original bag with the code on it they may be able to look it up. Worst case you’ll need a new set of nuts including the key. You can even do this aftermarket if you find they key too much on its own from Ford. 

Get the other three removed and replace with normal wheel nuts....

Nobody steals wheels anymore

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, m50e30 said:

Get the other three removed and replace with normal wheel nuts....

Nobody steals wheels anymore

Kinda like 'radio codes', the only ones inconvenienced are the genuine owners, no one nicks radios anymore...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ford wanted £28 last time I got a quote for a locking key. A decent garage will have a 'master' set they can get them off with. Failing that I've got a few of these off by air-chiselling.

As said above, once they're off, bin the lot and stick normal nuts on. Unless you have higher end wheels, nobody will even consider nicking them.

• Like 1

Still worth stealing the wheels, if you have a new/fairly new set of decent tyres fitted.

thx for the replies ..£28  is not too bad.

someone i share with has a ford van and the wheelnuts look  very similar to my own , so i will ask to borrow  his  key and try it  and photograph , my own  key  is so far gone i cant tell the shape properly except  by looking at  the wheelnuts .

All the keys look very similar at a quick glance, however only yours will fit the wheel nut (unless you have a set like I mentioned earlier). Dont bother trying your mates, it either won't fit, or you'll damage his key too.

• Like 1

Get to Halfords and use your 15% discount card get some laser wheel nut removers £19.99 or get a reverse metal drill bit and a Center punch go at it best option go to ford

Redzzed stated, The  nutlock  remover is ruined. Looking at his photo I would say it is and doubt that anyone could supply a replacement from that photo.

If you read the website, you take the image of the wheel lock, not the damaged locking key!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A photo works, I have done it a couple of times.

Take a close-up of one of the 3 remaining undamaged locking wheel nuts. It has to show the wrinkly locking bit clearly, Mine were a bit corroded and a rub with emery cloth cleaned up the face of the locking nut nicely.

Some order a replacement key directly from McGard in Germany, just do a search.

ScaniaPBman.

Personally I'd just get a garage to get them off rather than get a new key. Who's to say the new key won't break when you try it? If the wheel nuts have been put on too tight then you're definitely just going to break it before you get all 3 off.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club