Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Esp Help

karld39

Hi

I think i might have a slight problem,

I have a 2008 Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec Climate which i have had for 2 months now, i bought this car directly from ford of their forecourt.

Now i don't think the car has ESP, but about every 1/5 times when i turn the ignition to start the car along with the (battery, abs, pas, engine light, etc etc) the ESP light comes up as well. It just illuminates along with the other lights and then goes out at the same time but this only happens once every 1/5 times or so of starting the car.

The car has no ESP button and no indication to it having ESP.

I was going to take it back into ford and ask them but i thought i should ask around first. I do still have 10 months warranty left on it.

Can anyone clarify what is going on here?

Thanks,

Karl

On the odd occasion, but less than once in every 5 times, the ESP light flicks on for a millsecond, but I know I do not have it either. It was an option on the ghia range of the mk2 Focus, in fact I saw it on a 05 1.6 115bhp ghia, it also had rear disc brakes, and a proper size spare. The ESP switch was on the console where the screen heater switches are located. Unfortunately for me although the car was still being advertised, it had already been sold, and was just awaiting the finance to go through.

It became standard on the mk2.5 face lift model.

So there's no problem then?, Shall i just ignore it?.

That's a relief

Thanks

So there's no problem then?, Shall i just ignore it?.

That's a relief

Thanks

Yes just ignore it, what you have is ABS+EBD

For an explanation of the above SEE HERE

• 2 weeks later...

All new Focus has ESP

you can swich it on off via menues

Yes but the thread poster has not got a mk2.5 Focus, he has a mk2 Focus. Unless he is in the habit of putting a picture of somebody else's car as his avatar :rolleyes:

Nope

Defiantly my car, although it is the pic the garage used for the website, I havent actually got around to taking any pictures of it myself yet that can be tomorrows job!

Thanks for the help guys,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club