Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New cam belt kit prices

theblur20

Hi all, 

Very annoyingly due to work car was left and not driven, rust built up and failed recent Mot (13 plate focus). Everything else passed easily. 

I had to get new brakes and pads (BREMBO) and cost £220, obviously about 70 odd quid more than buying yourself including labour, so not horrendous but got me bit worried. 

I need a new cam belt kit (so everything that entails) soon, I can't get a garage to fit any parts I buy myself so have to purchase through them. 

Question is, what sort of price am I looking at, at a top end? Just so I know more than X probably getting ripped off. It will be SW Devon way. 

(a whole topic could be written on supplying parts to garages I'm guessing as my misses garage accept customer parts! Lol) 

• Confused 1

Do you have a Focus or a Mondeo? (You posted in the Focus Club) Which engine is it? What year? and what's the mileage?

I have a 2011 2.2 diesel Mondeo and I just got a quote for £770 from one Ford dealer and £595 from another...this is for the timing belt, Aux belt, all the tensioners/pulleys, water pump and antifreeze (all due at 10 years or 125,000 miles on the Mondeo)

• Like 1

You never actually said what engine you have so can't really guess on prices.

Garages won't fit customer provided parts incase you provide some cheap eBay rubbish that fails after a month. It gives them a bad reputation when they refuse to foot the bill.

Either that or the parts will be for a completely different car and the garage will have a car taking up space on their ramp in bits whilst the correct ones come.

If a garage does fit parts you provide, you will have no comeback should something go wrong as they'll blame your parts.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, Luke4efc said:

You never actually said what engine you have so can't really guess on prices.

Garages won't fit customer provided parts incase you provide some cheap eBay rubbish that fails after a month. It gives them a bad reputation when they refuse to foot the bill.

Either that or the parts will be for a completely different car and the garage will have a car taking up space on their ramp in bits whilst the correct ones come.

If a garage does fit parts you provide, you will have no comeback should something go wrong as they'll blame your parts.

Sorry, it's a 1.6 diesel. 13 plate. 

Regarding what I should expect to replace (it's at 97k miles) I'm guessing timing belt, Aux belt, all the tensioners/pulleys, water pump as said above?