Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs module replacement

marcle83

Hi all, 

I'm looking at replacing the above probably with a second hand module. I've done a bit of research online that says the 'new' module will need to be programmed to the vehicle. Are there any known issues with using a second hand module? 

Replacing the module itself looks relatively straight forward - never programmed anything before but assume as long as I take a copy of the ROM before tinkering I'm pretty well covered. Not a great deal to loose as been offered £70 scrap for the car in its current condition. 

Cheers in advance

Just to add getting the following fault codes

U0121

U0415(81) 

P0500

In addition to the above power steering light is on and steering is a bit heavier than normal although not horrific. Happened at same time as abs fault - would this be related to the module? 

Thanks again

If you are set on taking a ABS pump from a scrap yard make sure you get Forscan as you can check the coding on your module then fit the replacment and then code it to suit. If its anything like VW the coding is set up to what size wheels / brakes you have so the unit can function correctly.

PO500 is a speed sensor fault not sure on your year but the later fiestas dont have a gearbox speed sensor as the car gets the speed information from the ABS wheel speed sensors.

I think you will want to invest 30 to 40 pounds in some diagnostic equipment. Check out Forscan as you only need a windows type pc and a diagnostic leed,

10 hours ago, Eatonm112 said:

If you are set on taking a ABS pump from a scrap yard make sure you get Forscan as you can check the coding on your module then fit the replacment and then code it to suit. If its anything like VW the coding is set up to what size wheels / brakes you have so the unit can function correctly.

PO500 is a speed sensor fault not sure on your year but the later fiestas dont have a gearbox speed sensor as the car gets the speed information from the ABS wheel speed sensors.

I think you will want to invest 30 to 40 pounds in some diagnostic equipment. Check out Forscan as you only need a windows type pc and a diagnostic leed,

Thank you for your reply. Yea I saw P0500 is speed sensor fault my car is 2010 I assume as it happened at the same time it gets the speed info from the abs wheel speed  sensor. Either way it's been into garage and been diagnosed as ABS module fault and they haven't mentioned anything else.

I was thinking of leaving the existing pump on and just replacing the module which I believe is the black part bolted onto the side of the pump? Is it likely the pump will need replacing too?

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club