Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bi xenon Lights broken

florinhangu

Hi there guys, 

I have one problem. I have bi xenon light, with auto levelling, but are not able to stay on same level. Allways change. With out any reason. Anyone had this kind of issue? 

https://streamable.com/n79fgz

https://streamable.com/9hkjsn

I did visual check at the sensors, under the car, they are fine. I did visual check inside the lights lamps, it looks normal... 

Any ideea? 

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get this problem fixed? Mine were just pointing down so the dealer re-calibrated them. Seem better but not convinced they are right yet 

1 hour ago, Philf1 said:

Did you get this problem fixed? Mine were just pointing down so the dealer re-calibrated them. Seem better but not convinced they are right yet 

The OP seems to have a self leveler with a mind of its own.

If yours are pointing at the floor then check the self levelling switch thats attached to drivers side suspension. They're a little pivoting arm that can sometimes bend the wrong way (kinda like someone has twisted your arm 180 degrees). The car then assumes the suspension is higher than the Taj Mahall so points the lights at the floor to compensate.

Otherwise there are 2 white adjustment screws on each headlight. One does left/right, the other up/down.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 1:05 AM, Luke4efc said:

The OP seems to have a self leveler with a mind of its own

Otherwise there are 2 white adjustment screws on each headlight. One does left/right, the other up/down.

😔 i found the screws, i will try to use them, maybe can fix something... 

On 3/1/2021 at 11:55 PM, Philf1 said:

Unfortunately i have not fix it. And i have not found anybody who know how to. 🤔 span widget

• 1 month later...

Update

So, using the two screws, i find out that, i can adjust lights up and down from bottom screw, right and left from top screw, and since i did that, headlights stoped auto adjust 😁 

Please be careful, if you take the headlights plug out, you will dry out the battery, so unplug the battery first 😅 i did the same stupid thig two times so far.. 

Also, for screws you need a hexagonal key (size 7). 

• Like 1

Update

It seems, even if you adjust the lights from screws, after some time, it start autoleveling again. In my situation, is not stable... 

😭

Mines was pointing at the floor, drivers side. But only when driving. When I pulled up the the garage door it would sort itself out and move back into the proper position. I replaced the 3 wire loom in the headlamp and its been fine since. 

Matt

How can you take the glass out? Or what is the option to see inside the headlights? Take the bulb light out? 

5 hours ago, florinhangu said:

How can you take the glass out? Or what is the option to see inside the headlights? Take the bulb light out? 

You don't want to be splitting the headlights. You have to bake them in an oven to soften the permaseal then carefully prise the front off.

The wiring should be easily accessible by removing the lamp and the ballast.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 9:52 AM, florinhangu said:

As luke said, remove headlight from the car. 2 bolts them remove the black cover from the back. Your see the loom. 3 Thin grey wires. 

Matt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club