Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiest St150 rear caliper piston overhaul tool

Does any one have any idea what tool is needed to remove the inner workings of a rear caliper piston.

There seems to be some sort of ring with three semi circles on it to hold the inner piston into place. Any ideas what this tool is guys?

E72B84DA-2757-4DDE-8C3C-C22935808369.thumb.jpeg.efabea98aa416da5403a6ae59b830f21.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Can you not flick it out with a screwdriver?

I thought of trying with a screwdriver but, it’s a case of being able to easily reinstall it into the new piston.

28 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

that or a pair of needle nose pliars will also do it

I thought needle nose pliers were for things like abs rings that had two holes in them. Is there a different tool for that particular three holed item?

1 minute ago, FiestaForever said:

I thought of trying with a screwdriver but, it’s a case of being able to easily reinstall it into the new piston.

I thought needle nose pliers were for things like abs rings that had two holes in them. Is there a different tool for that particular three holed item?

pliers can still be fine with something with three holes aswell

I managed to get a pair of circlip pliers and removed the ring inside the piston, not exactly with great ease. The circlip, needle, pliers did the job but were not the perfect tool.

17 hours ago, Neb_engineer said:

spring clips of any type are almost always a bugger to remove even with the specific tool that was designed to remove and install them

“Spring” clip is an adequate name for them as it literally sprung out of the piston and flew across the room. It was less simple to put it back into the new piston lol.