Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Help on chip and dent insurance

Lindzio
聽Share

Hey guys just need a bit of advice ive bought a 5 month old fiesta active and it sits in a car park all day whilst im at work, as you know chips and dings happen 馃様, has anyone had chip and dent insurance and recommend anyone, was looking at car2cover.

Many thanks for the help

Surely you cant buy the insurance after the damage has occurred 馃槀.

2 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Surely you cant buy the insurance after the damage has occurred 馃槀.

Lol, it would be great if you could, though!馃榾

I understood the OP to mean it hadn't happened yet, but could see it coming! Haven't got any useful recommendations though, unfortunately.

Sorry fogot to say the Fiesta is getting delivered tommorow聽馃ぃ, Its only done 10 miles so there is no damage on this one what so ever was just getting ready for the heartbreak when it happens, no one seems to have scratch and dent cover though

Nobody will offer it because they'd be bankrupt after the first week, or the premium would be more than your regular car insurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindzio said:

Sorry fogot to say the Fiesta is getting delivered tommorow聽馃ぃ, Its only done 10 miles so there is no damage on this one what so ever was just getting ready for the heartbreak when it happens, no one seems to have scratch and dent cover though

Park over two spaces...and buy some cones to place all the way around it...and maybe wrap it in some industrial bubble wrap too... :biggrin:

I parked at Sainsbury's at 9am this morning, totally empty car park, 7 space row...yep, there was another car parked right next to me on return! :rolleyes:聽Tbh I think just as much damage happens in the road though, stone chips and overhanging bushes etc. :sad:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I parked at Sainsbury's at 9am this morning, totally empty car park, 7 space row...yep, there was another car parked right next to me on return!聽

Why on earth do they do that?! I was lurking in a car park this morning waiting for the Mrs to pick me up after dropping my car in for MOT. There were 2 cars in there, it has space for 100 or so. Then a third arrived, driven by a lady with 2 children onboard. Yep, despite having virtually the whole car park available, she parked inches from one of the cars already there, taking several attempts to do it.聽

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Why on earth do they do that?! I was lurking in a car park this morning waiting for the Mrs to pick me up after dropping my car in. There were 2 cars in there, it has space for 100 or so. Then a third arrived, driven by a lady with 2 children onboard. Yep, despite having virtually the whole car park available, she parked inches from one of the cars already there, taking several attempts to do it.聽

That happened to me once or twice when I had a company car, I would pick a place well away and come back to an almost empty carpet, and there would be a car not only right next to me but really close.

It used to have a weird effect on me where it would make my arm twitch as I opened my door 馃檪

1 hour ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

, I would pick a place well away and come back to an almost empty carpet,聽

But why were you parking on a carpet?馃榾

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

But why were you parking on a carpet?馃榾

Haha thanks for spotting that Eric,聽 was talking about my toy Fiesta 馃檪 馃檪 but this was聽my damn predictive text

4 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Haha thanks for spotting that Eric,聽 was talking about my toy Fiesta 馃檪 馃檪 but this was聽my damn predictive text

Haha yeah that predictive text drives me absolutely nuts!馃榾