Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless and ICE acting odd

Stevie H79

Hello guys and girls

I wonder if anyone has encountered any of the following on their mk4 focus. 

The keyless is only operating on the drivers door for locking(touch sensor) and unlocking. All doors are operating fine when using the remote buttons. This has only started to happen recently. Also the radio/screen shuts down about 10 seconds after ignition switch off and it used to stay on until a door was opened. I've looked in the menu and can't seem to see anything to resolve these issues. 

Many thanks in advance and drive safe 

I think I read that it’s because your battery is low so it’s “intelligently” turning certain features off. Are you driving much lately while in lock down?

I bought a CTEK battery charger so I can keep it topped up while I am not using it much. 

• Like 1

I had an idea it could be battery. Car isnt getting that much use just into village few times a week. I've disconnected the dash cam to save a bit of energy. Thanks for the help. 

Paul9619, do you leave the battery connected whilst charging, I am looking at getting the Ctec CT5 stop start charger as I am having issues. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Paul9619 said:

I think I read that it’s because your battery is low so it’s “intelligently” turning certain features off. Are you driving much lately while in lock down?

I bought a CTEK battery charger so I can keep it topped up while I am not using it much. 

Paul9619, do you leave the battery connected whilst charging, I am looking at getting the Ctec CT5 stop start charger as I am having issues. Thanks

2 hours ago, Leej73 said:

Paul9619, do you leave the battery connected whilst charging, I am looking at getting the Ctec CT5 stop start charger as I am having issues. Thanks

Yes you can leave it connected. That’s exactly the charger I bought.  Very easy to use. 
I also added the 2.5m extension cable for an extra £10 to make it easier to plug into my garage but that will depend on your set up whether it’s worth it. 

1 hour ago, Paul9619 said:

Yes you can leave it connected. That’s exactly the charger I bought.  Very easy to use. 
I also added the 2.5m extension cable for an extra £10 to make it easier to plug into my garage but that will depend on your set up whether it’s worth it. 

Where did you connect the negative to under the bonnet, or do I just put both terminals on the battery

There should be an earthing point on the body near to the battery - it will be a bolt and nut with several black wires congregating on it.

Yes or there are plenty of bolts on the chassis you can clip onto.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club