Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Ranger low beam not working

Andy 3.2 LTD

Good afternoon 

My name is Andy and new to this forum 

For some reason my low beam has stop working on my 2015 Ranger.the bulbs are fine and the multi meter show only 8v when on.for the life of me I can't locate the fuse or relays. 

Can anyone help please

There is no relay or fuse as such on the low beam. Low beam is controlled via the cjb or bcm whichever ford decide to call it. Basically the fuse box. Are you sure the bulbs are both ok? Are the rear lights and side lights on with the headlights switched on? 

For some reason Ford decided to control the low beams through the CANBUS... this means no fuses, but can be deactivated  by the control module if the power draw is wrong (don't attempt fitting LED bulbs).  The system needs to have the faults read and cleared via the OBD port.

• Like 1

Thanks  for both replys...I'm actually a Towbar fitter so familiar with CANBUS..

I only done a visual on the bulbs as the weather was poor.

The bulbs blew a few weeks ago when my battery failed had a new one since so maybe I'll check the bulbs properly. Why would the bulbs blow again ???

Bulb can fail again if you accidently touch the glass part with your fingers. I try to either use nitrile gloves or hold bulb by the pins while fitting. Also cheap brands of bulbs can fail early on. I would check the battery voltage with engine running to make sure the alternator isn't putting out to high a voltage. 

Mine came back from a service with no low beams once, which apparently was a random side effect of the battery being disconnected... so the garage said when I took it straight back. Whatever the actual cause, they cleared any faults and all good, bulbs were fine.

Hope you get it sorted soon anyway.

• 1 year later...

I have exactly the same problem, fitted 2 new bulbs, I have main beam but no dipped beam. Any advice welcomed.

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...

I have the same problem with my 2015 ranger, but obd can't solve it... Does anyone have a solution?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club