Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St MK2 Exhaust Question

ChirnyST

Hi all, 

I have recently purchased a used 2014 ST2 with 60k miles on the clock. The previous owner upgraded the exhaust system with a straight through custom exhaust and decat.

It was also remapped and Dyno results show it's output is now 220hp. While this would usually have got me a little excited, the exhaust now pops and bangs which isn't to my taste (I'm a little old for that kind of thing at 38 😂) also, the engine management light is on and I've been advised this is due to the decat, it failed it's MOT due to "Engine MIL inoperative or indicates a malfunction (8.2.1.2 (h))" and was then was put through by the garage.

I want this rectified, would anyone have any recommended options going forward? I think its going to need a new remap to rid the pops and bangs, but could I simply swap in an OEM cat to remove the warning?

If there is anyone in the North East with a Fiesta ST180 who wants to swap out my exhaust system for your stock let me know. 

Just buy a second hand racing cat all fiestas pop cat mite stop it from banging as much plus you should pass a mot with it but being at 220hp you will get aloud of noice mine is loud as shots fire out the back am 37 and a don’t care never too okd to have fun 🤩

Cheers for the reply 🙂 Yeah I've been looking at a few different options, but I definitely want rid of the pops and bangs. It would be nice to keep the performance, but I've ordered a stock cat and going to get a custom silencer made before another remap. 

Also looking at my induction options as it's had a stage 1 remap on the stock air box, which I wouldn't have done personally. The airtec stage 3 kit is catching my eye at the minute, but I'll see what funds I've got left after the above before I make a decision 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club