Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo MkIV won't start

Jockstar

Hi folks,

My wife was driving her 2013 2.0TDCI Mondeo the other day and it started to cut out. Fortunately, she was able to make it home after the engine continued to cut out several times and now after getting it back on the driveway, it is refusing to start.

My mechanic came across and plugged in his diagnostic machine which flagged up the following codes:

P0194-86 Fuel rail pressure sensor intermittent 

P06A8-98 Sensor reference voltage C circuit range / performance 

P068A-00 ECM/PCM power relay de-energized too early

I think this might relate to an ECU fault and I can see that a company called "ECU Testing" offer a service to fix the ECU in order to avoid the cost of buying a new ECU and having it re-programmed.

We're now worried that if we can't figure out a smart way out of this that we'll get shafted by Ford to the tune of a four figure sum. Can anyone offer any words of wisdom?

Thanks,

John.

• 1 year later...

Hello John

I know this post is nearly two years old, but I am wondering did you sort this out? What was the problem? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club