Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Headlamp Multi Plug Connector

Kawasaki kid

Whilst doing a headlight bulb upgrade the other day one of the clips keeping the connector in the headlamp snapped so now the connector will not stay in the back of the headlight , it is currently held in with four cable ties so I can use the car . Sadly due to the above issue I now have a Headlamp Malfunction message displaced on my dash and the when the dipped beam is turned on it does not go through its start up procedure so what I am wondering what is the best way to secure the connector more permanently without having to replace the connector as it has around twelve wires to splice as my car is a Titanium X. At least the bulb upgrade was a success. Thanks Man.

The best way is to get another plug and small tool to unpin the plug and repin it with your connectors,  do it one wire at a time so you dont mix them up.

Thanks for the reply I managed to get a replacement plug and my friendly dealer mechanic is going to sort it out he said the malfunction message will be the led 501 sidelight bulbs I fitted so I am going swap them back to standard bulbs tomorrow 😬

I put the original 501s back in to see if it removed the error but it is still there so it may be related to the Bosch pure light bulbs I put in the headlamps both H1 and H7s to do the dipped, main beam and cornering lights. Will let my friendly ford mech check it out when he sorts the plug out.

Fairly certain Bosch Pure Lights are just standard halogen bulbs so they really shouldn't cause a bulb failure warning. Possibly the error is down to the actual plug.

• 1 year later...
On 3/7/2021 at 9:01 PM, Kawasaki kid said:

Thanks for the reply I managed to get a replacement plug and my friendly dealer mechanic is going to sort it out he said the malfunction message will be the led 501 sidelight bulbs I fitted so I am going swap them back to standard bulbs tomorrow 😬

Hi.

I know it’s a while ago - but I need a replacement connector - wondering where you found one? they seem rare as heck! Cheers. Davey. 

I haven't checked but usually the plugs are part of the wiring loom so if you want just the plug then it would have to be cut off a scrap car.

Have a look here plug is part of the loom so getting one cut off from a scrap car is the easiest option.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club