Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Synch 2 to Synch 3 Addon : Anyone Tried These?

Marker1971

Hi Guys
Been looking around while thinking about changing my Synch 2 to 3.
Found the Viskoo video on youtube which is a change of motherboard for the Synch 2, which adds a Linuz based system on top of the SYnch 2..

https://youtu.be/DX-6EmltOBw
The shop on Aliexpress has closed down.

I have found a seller of what it seems is the same sort of part in New Zealand.
https://soso.co.nz/product/ford-focus-20122017-apple-carplay-android-auto-integration-kit/

ANyone got an opinion, or have used this before?

My only reason is to get carplay, really miss it..

Many Thanks

Your spelling of SYNC scares me.

I haven't seen these before but for that price you could upgrade to the real SYNC 3 for not much more money.

Bear in mind this isn't a proper SYNC 2-3 upgrade and is just some cheap Chinese head unit integrated into the car.

Much easier to just swap for a OEM sync 3 unit...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies...

I decided to order a sync 3 from ali-express for only £50 more than the cost of this unit. Delivered in 8 days and fitted within an hour. Came with 3.4 already on it also, so that was a time saver..

Thanks for the suggestion to do the sync 3 upgrade, I just assumed these were around £500 at least due to eBay prices.

Well done!

What did you actually purchase?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, JPW said:

Well done!

What did you actually purchase?

Thanks!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001582561322.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.b4334c4dECD4zt

Only difference to the picture was the usb hub only has one port, makes no difference to me. The price has went up a few pounds since I have ordered..

2 hours ago, Marker1971 said:

I decided to order a sync 3 from ali-express for only £50 more than the cost of this unit. 
Thanks for the suggestion to do the sync 3 upgrade, I just assumed these were around £500 at least due to ebay prices.

How much was yours?
There are £500+ versions on AliExpress because they are 64GB versions for Europe Maps, that's nearly £150 more than the 32GB.
Your link looks like it's only for the 32GB version, does your SatNav run ok?

18 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

How much was yours?
There are £500+ versions on AliExpress because they are 64GB versions for Europe Maps, that's nearly £150 more than the 32GB.
Your link looks like it's only for the 32GB version, does your SatNav run ok?

Sat nav works great mate. Everything on the unit works as normal. Plus I would use carplay normally plugged in via USB.

Got it for just over £350... Inc Del..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marker1971 said:

Sat nav works great mate. Everything on the unit works as normal. Plus I would use carplay normally plugged in via USB.

Good stuff fella, at £350 I'm more tempted,
On this other one it gives the option for the '64GB Europe' version https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000909731806.html
I'm pretty sure when people have manually updated SYNC they have to go with the Europe Maps.
Would be good to know which actual version they gave you after telling them you're in Europe.

I thought you needed the 64GB for UK/EU maps to be loaded?

5 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

Good stuff fella, at £350 I'm more tempted,
On this other one it gives the option for the '64GB Europe' version https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000909731806.html
I'm pretty sure when people have manually updated SYNC they have to go with the Europe Maps.
Would be good to know which actual version they gave you after telling them you're in Europe.

What do I need to take a picture of and i'll do it in the morning. I said to seller that I needed EU maps when buying it, you have to gie then your VIN number so they can pre-programme it with your car details.
The first time I booted the system up, before gps locked on it did show the car in Germany, I presume at the factory location..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marker1971 said:

What do I need to take a picture of and i'll do it in the morning. I said to seller that I needed EU maps when buying it, you have to gie then your VIN number so they can pre-programme it with your car details.
The first time I booted the system up, before gps locked on it did show the car in Germany, I presume at the factory location..

Sounds like you do have the 64GB version to me (and only paid for the 32GB)
I'm guessing there's a Serial No. batch that refers to the memory it has, no idea what though.
I think you might have found a loophole with this supplier by asking for the region, others want an extra £150+ for the 64GB Europe.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/NMYB5FN

Took these photos this morning.
If it gives any idication of what I have, or if someone can let me know how to find that out I will..

Files are to big to upload here and you cant use bbcode for some reason..

18 hours ago, RAIDER32 said:

Sounds like you do have the 64GB version to me (and only paid for the 32GB)
I'm guessing there's a Serial No. batch that refers to the memory it has, no idea what though.
I think you might have found a loophole with this supplier by asking for the region, others want an extra £150+ for the 64GB Europe.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club