Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2.5 window not working, door connector?

FordTheWin

Hi, 

So the other day I was fitting new Speakers to my focus MK2.5 and ran new speaker wire through the door connector by making a hole through the rubber of the connector. During this the connector did come loose and I fitted it back on while working through the speaker opening of the door so I couldn't see  the connector but just went by feel.

Today after installing the door cards back onto the doors, I have found that the left side passenger door window motor no longer functions, whether its being controlled from the right side door controls or the left side door controls.

The odd thing is that other functions like locking and side mirror controls and indicators are working fine for the left passenger door, the only thing not working is the window motor and only on the left door.

The windows were both working fine before I took the door apart so I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, there are a few possible answers to your problem. First is the easy one - are you 100% sure that the connector that came loose has gone fully back home and that the plug and socket are correctly fitted? The next is - could you have damaged any wire when you made a hole through the connector? It can be easy to cut a wire when drilling holes, especially through a connector.

Next check the fuse for your electric windows, some models have a fuse for each window. Also after the connector between the door and car body has been disconnected it is normal to have to re-teach the electric window its up and down positions. By the sound of things your window is not doing anything. Try fully disconnecting the connector that came partly loose, wait 30 seconds and plug it back together again. If all that fails then go for the Full Reset !!!! - Disconnect the battery, wait a couple of minuets and reconnect.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice @unofix, I will check all that and may need to remove the door fully to have a good look at how the connector works and its condition, do you happen to know what steps I would need to take to re-teach the electric window? 😀

Hi, the re-teach can be diffrent from model to model but you can try the following it seems to work on a lot of Ford.

Once you get the window moving again, then operate it fully down and fully up. Then press and HOLD the down button until the window is fully down - KEEP holding the down button for about 20 seconds. Now release the down button and press and HOLD the up button until the window is fully up - KEEP holding the up button for 20 seconds and then release the button.

The window should now operate as normal, and the one shot down and one shot up functions will have been restored.

There will be a full explanation in the owners handbook for your vehicle but to be honest it is quite ofen difficult to follow the instructions Ford give. The handbook is dedicated to giving hundreds of warnings and not very much useful information. I'm sure the H&S people would disagree on that but I long for a return to the handbooks of the 70's and even 80's when they used to be informative.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club