Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slight bubbling in coolant reservoir

Arkhangelsk1989

Hello, I have a 2007 fiesta zetec s 1m6 petrol and have noticed that there are very small bubbles in the expansion tank when the car is running. The bubbles only seem to be in 1 spot of the tank on the same side as the coolant vapour hose. I have no other symptoms of anything going wrong. Coolant level has stayed spot on where it is. No overheating issues or anything. I have also used one of them blue solution tests and it stayed blue meaning there are no exhaust gases present. Whether they are reliable or not I don't know. Just worried about those small bubbles. 

I managed too get a video of it. Is this normal? 

small bubbles are normal espesially on the coolant vapur hose side of the reservoir 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neb_engineer said:

small bubbles are normal espesially on the coolant vapur hose side of the reservoir 

Thank you, I was getting worried that my head gasket has gone or something. 

if it was your headgasket, you would know about it due to overheating, the oil having coolant in it or coolant having oil in it, or your coolant system overpressurising to the point the cap starts bypassing

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

if it was your headgasket, you would know about it due to overheating, the oil having coolant in it or coolant having oil in it, or your coolant system overpressurising to the point the cap starts bypassing

I do a lot of short journeys so I get a small amount of mayo in the filler cap but after a good drive it's gone. My coolant hasn't dropped at all. 

• Like 1

Just another thing I have noticed is that underneath where the bubbles are it seems like the coolant is boiling underneath as in the coolant is churning around. Is this normal? 

Cheers 

Totally normal. Remember that water boils at 100C but the normal temperature of your coolant is over 105C the only reason its not steam is because its in a closed pressurised system.

Your cooling system is fine. You might want to edit your little video as the whole world gets a nice view of your cars VIN number which is probably not a good idea

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club