Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heating System

Mrs P

Can anyone shed any light as to why the heating doesn't come on even after driving for a while? Even turning it up to HI it still blows cold air.  Any help would be appreciated,  thank you. 

Sound like you have a problem with the motor that controls the flap that allows  the airflow from the matrix to the heating ducts. 

• 3 weeks later...

We had this problem last year. It turns out that the oil cooler was faulty letting oil mix with the coolant and blocking the heater matrix. It was fixed under warranty. They replaced only the cooler and flushed out everything else. However later on the thermostat housing became faulty probably as a result of the original contamination. But it was out of warranty and the dealer would not do anything. I had to fit the unit myself. I've a garage. All was good until now the water pump has sprung a leak. This may be because of the initial contamination also  but I can't prove this. I'd advise checking the coolant. It should be bright pink and not cloudy or dark. This is a common problem with the 2.0 tdci. Let us know how you get on. 

We had this problem last year. It turns out that the oil cooler was faulty letting oil mix with the coolant and blocking the heater matrix. It was fixed under warranty. They replaced only the cooler and flushed out everything else. However later on the thermostat housing became faulty probably as a result of the original contamination. But it was out of warranty and the dealer would not do anything. I had to fit the unit myself. I've a garage. All was good until now the water pump has sprung a leak. This may be because of the initial contamination also  but I can't prove this. I'd advise checking the coolant. It should be bright pink and not cloudy or dark. This is a common problem with the 2.0 tdci. Let us know how you get on. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club