Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus active

O1dNBa1d

morning ladies, gents, toasters or whatever some people are classing themselves these days.

I was wondering if anyone has experience or know the differences with the suspension on the active/active x models to get the raised ride height compared to a standard model.

would it be possible to lower the car to standard height? (yes I know it kinda defeats the object of buying a "crossover" type car)

that panoramic roof is a big pull for me in that range, just that I'm not a fan of how the active looks height wise.

was just a question that popped into my head on my daily auto trader fix.

cheers

jay

Plenty of hatches also come with the pan roof if you're that keen on rattles and leaks. :wink: 

The actual suspension design is the same design, but the springs (and possibly shocks) are longer.  Most Actives are twist beam rather than IRS (only on Vignale, 2.0 diesel or estate).

In theory you could just stick a set of lowering springs on, but I haven't seen any available for the active yet - presumably not much demand for them lol!  Also bear in mind the tyres are a larger profile than the standard hatches.

• Thanks 1

Cheers Tom

are rattles and leaks a fairly common fault.

only reason I thought about the active was the pan roof seems more common in them (well on autotrader anyway)

7 minutes ago, O1dNBa1d said:

Cheers Tom

are rattles and leaks a fairly common fault.

only reason I thought about the active was the pan roof seems more common in them (well on autotrader anyway)

Depends who you ask...  Leaks aren't all that common (yet) in fairness.  Rattles are common across the Mk4 range, the roof is just one of them.  If you're moving from VAG to Ford, rattles are just something you have to learn to live with though.

The Active X & Active X Vignale get the panoramic roof as standard.  It's a £995 option on all other trim levels - but still many chose it.  Can't see the attraction myself, I'm currently waiting for a new Active and would have deleted the pan roof if that was possible!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1