Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replaced rear tailgate boot strip but can't find a Ford badge that fits

ronnoco

Hello all,

I have a 2008 Ford Focus Mk2 Titanium. Unfortunately, my chrome boot trim got trashed. I have replaced with an after market one from eBay. Lots of sellers seem to sell the exact same product (photo attached)

I fitted the strip but I cant find a Ford badge that fits this anywhere! I can find one a similar size that is a stick on, but the design on my trim takes a Shell type one with an outer layer that should push on.

I'm sure others must have replaced with these trims over the years and it looks like it has been designed to take a particular badge. Can anyone shed on light on whether it is possible to buy that badge. Every other part of the trim is perfect so I'm sure there must be a badge somewhere!

Many thanks in advance for any help offered :-)

focusbadge.JPG

6 hours ago, ronnoco said:

Hello all,

I have a 2008 Ford Focus Mk2 Titanium. Unfortunately, my chrome boot trim got trashed. I have replaced with an after market one from eBay. Lots of sellers seem to sell the exact same product (photo attached)

I fitted the strip but I cant find a Ford badge that fits this anywhere! I can find one a similar size that is a stick on, but the design on my trim takes a shell type one with an outer layer that should push on.

I'm sure others must have replaced with these trims over the years and it looks like it has been designed to take a particular badge. Can anyone shed on light on whether it is possible to buy that badge. Every other part of the trim is perfect so I'm sure there must be a badge somewhere!

Many thanks in advance for any help offered 🙂

focusbadge.JPG

Welcome to the forum!

This one (not genuine Ford) looks to be the right one according to the details within the eBay listing.

• Like 2

Hi,

Thanks so much for posting. I didn't think of searching for different models but that does look the correct size. I will need to cut off the pins to make it flat but it looks like it will fit perfectly if I glue it in with something.

Ordered 🙂

Best Wishes

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ronnoco said:

Hi,

Thanks so much for posting. I didn't think of searching for different models but that does look the correct size. I will need to cut off the pins to make it flat but it looks like it will fit perfectly if I glue it in with something.

Ordered 🙂

Best Wishes

You're welcome, don't forget to post back and let us know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just updating that I received the badge but it doesn't fit unfortunately. I know they are available as it's the one shown at 00:15 and 07:53 in this video:

This is the exact trim I have. It looks like the badge just pushes straight on, no pins, etc. It needs to be 15cm or just over according to my calculations.

If anyone else has replaced their trim and found the correct badge, please let me know where you got it from.

Many Thanks 👍

I know this is a ridiculous idea, but have you thought about popping down to your local Ford dealer parts dept, and asking him the part no.of what you need, and if price is agreeable, just buy it? If too expensive, at least you have the part no. for further buying research.

The ford badge on the rear on an original ford tailgate is 1779943 on MK2. 

Or try 1532603 , that's a MK2.5 one that fits on the trim with no pins. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I know this is a ridiculous idea, but have you thought about popping down to your local Ford dealer parts dept, and asking him the part no.of what you need, and if price is agreeable, just buy it? If too expensive, at least you have the part no. for further buying research.

Or... you could ask Ian LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Or... you could ask Ian LOL

I just use ford z zap and check out the part numbers and post here. Not rocket science ( luckily) 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, iantt said:

The ford badge on the rear on an original ford tailgate is 1779943 on MK2. 

Or try 1532603 , that's a MK2.5 one that fits on the trim with no pins. 

I still have the original badge which doesn't fit. I thought because it was aftermarket, it must take as different badge if the original didn't fit.

Perhaps it's the 1532603. I'll give that a try. If that has no pins, sounds hopeful. Thanks very much! 👍

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I called them up, they said to email the parts department which I did but never heard back. That's why I thought it would be easier to post online.

Hi I got a ford focus mk2.5 I had trouble with the rear badge and I found the right one in the end this is the part number it a doom one and it just sticks on perfectly hope this will help Screenshot_20210316-212032_eBay.thumb.jpg.187113a2da06ac6963e766fd3b97c3f0.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dai59 said:

Hi I got a ford focus mk2.5 I had trouble with the rear badge and I found the right one in the end this is the part number it a doom one and it just sticks on perfectly hope this will help Screenshot_20210316-212032_eBay.thumb.jpg.187113a2da06ac6963e766fd3b97c3f0.jpg

Thanks very much. I've ordered a genuine Ford 1532603 now. It was expensive at £37.50 but fingers crossed, it will fit. If it doesn't, I can return and I'll then buy your one. Many Thanks 👍

Just reporting that the 1532603 fitted perfectly. Never released that his aftermarket trim was a MK 2.5.

Thanks all 👍

• Like 1

Glad to hear it all sorted 👍

• 1 year later...

Hi we have a Ford Focus 2 litre titanium and the tailgate chrome handle has completely snapped off. It is a keyless & camera less handle. We are looking to replace. eBay have numerous parts listed as 1581833. However we think we need a 1567720 part as it’s keyless. Because eBay hasn’t listed the 1591833 part as keyless should we assume it’s for a key locking tail lift boot? The photos on eBay are unclear. Can anyone help clarify the difference in these parts ? 

Those two part numbers are not the same handle type. A brand new 1567720 is just under £400 and for a 2008 car it's not worth spending that much.

I would try looking online a vehicle recycling center's (in other words scrapyards). They are not a common part so it will take a little work to find.

If you are very quick you could buy this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125311932320?fits=Plat_Gen%3AMK+II|Model%3AFocus&hash=item1d2d2c57a0:g:zLkAAOSwk9lifhQn

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club