Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth

Paul Griffith

Hi ,someone might be able help me please .my son has a fiesta 2012  , for some reason his bluetooth has stopped working, is there anything I can do to get it working again 
cheers 

i would recommend first disconnecting the battery and then plugging it back in, if that doesn't work, try and check that the connections into the APIM are not loose (the APIM is the sync module that is also the bluetooth module) the APIM is located under the glove box, and there are tutoruials on this forum how to get to it. the second thing only applies if your car has a SYNC head unit, due to the year of car it is most likely to be sync 1.0 era

Hi guys,  I’m not car minded so bare with me you’ve both lost me 😂

The bluetooth isn't part of the stereo itself on these cars, it's a separate module located above the passenger foot well. Remove that trim piece and the bluetooth module will be attached to the other side of it.

You can also just disconnect the battery for half an hour to reset it, however I've seen a few people on here have had modules that have just failed completely and need replacing. Replacement modules are cheap enough on eBay.

BTW, 2012 was the changeover year from the pre-facelift mk7 to the facelift mk7 Fiesta. A facelift model uses something called SYNC, which is just Ford's way of having fancy bluetooth. I'm saying this because SYNC isn't compatible with a pre-facelift mk7.

• Like 1

I’ll try and find it and disconnect it tomorrow, see what happens 

cheers  

guys 

If I disconnect the battery will the radio ask for a code after I’ve connected it back up ??!!

cheers 

could you post a picture of the car's radio?

7 hours ago, Paul Griffith said:

If I disconnect the battery will the radio ask for a code after I’ve connected it back up ??!!

No. No radio codes on the mk7.

• Like 1

I just have a feeling that’s not going to help if you have sync- if you do try to locate that (up under passenger foot well) and physically unplug it for a bit

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neb_engineer said:

Hi  I’ll  Send it when he’s home

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lewie226 said:

I just have a feeling that’s not going to help if you have sync- if you do try to locate that (up under passenger foot well) and physically unplug it for a bit

What's the difference between unplugging the module and removing the battery?

im pretty sure one mucks up the radio the other just resets things like the trip mile counter

42 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

What's the difference between unplugging the module and removing the battery?

Was just thinking the module may hold some residual current - I’m probably talking rubbish

in my Peugeot a couple of times I had a issue with the parrot and the only way I fixed it was to physically unplug the blue box

17 hours ago, Neb_engineer said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fddc7927bad1ef461e65f37a62513763.jpeg

10 hours ago, Lewie226 said:

Un plugged it , re installed it and nothing !!🤷🏼‍♂️😀

1 hour ago, Paul Griffith said:

Un plugged it , re installed it and nothing !!🤷🏼‍♂️😀

Did you leave it unplugged for half an hour or so?

If so it's probably a dead module that needs replacing. They're cheap enough on eBay.

You have a silver radio with red screen, therfore I assume you have a pre-facelift car? Therefore you won't have SYNC.

does your radio have sync settings under settings?, also whats the APIM model in your car (such as AM5T which is the one i have just taken out of my car)

14 hours ago, Lewie226 said:

I just have a feeling that’s not going to help if you have sync- if you do try to locate that (up under passenger foot well) and physically unplug it for a 

1 hour ago, Neb_engineer said:

does your radio have sync settings under settings?, also whats the APIM model in your car (such as AM5T which is the one i have just taken out of my car)

image.thumb.jpeg.418e7330507552827fe9e597469d9bce.jpegNot to sure what you mean but this was in the foot well 

yeah, your radio pre-dates sync

52 minutes ago, Paul Griffith said:

Which means !

Read the last paragraph of my above comment.

• Like 1