Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Torn...

GingeSylo

Hi all! 

Hope everyone is well. 

I am torn between a 2017 1.0 ecoboost fiesta and a 2017 1.4T Astra 

I initially was set on the fiesta but have since been told the Ecoboost issues still exist? 

Can anyone shed some light on this? 

TIA

The Astra is a bigger car, it's more Focus sized so not a direct comparison.

All cars and engines have potential issues.  I wouldn't base the choice on that alone.

If you want looks, handling and spec, the Fiesta is probably the one to go for.  If you want more space and a smoother ride, the Astra may be a better choice.*

(*Trim level dependant of course)

• Like 1

Not as many issues as a Vauxhall 😂😂. I'm not just saying this because I own a Ford, they definitely have their flaws, but Vauxhalls have really bad build quality.

I test drove a new shape Astra VXR before I bought my ST, and the astra just felt cheap and nasty in comparison. I suppose they're ok if you have no interest in cars whatsoever and only use it to go from A to B, but then surely you'd just buy a cheap old banger for that?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The Astra is a bigger car, it's more Focus sized so not a direct comparison.

All cars and engines have potential issues.  I wouldn't base the choice on that alone.

If you want looks, handling and spec, the Fiesta is probably the one to go for.  If you want more space and a smoother ride, the Astra may be a better choice.*

(*Trim level dependant of course)

20 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Not as many issues as a Vauxhall 😂😂. I'm not just saying this because I own a Ford, they definitely have their flaws, but Vauxhalls have really bad build quality.

I test drove a new shape Astra VXR before I bought my ST, and the astra just felt cheap and nasty in comparison. I suppose they're ok if you have no interest in cars whatsoever and only use it to go from A to B, but then surely you'd just buy a cheap old banger for that?

Thanks guys! 

My mind was made up going for the Fiesta and then a few people said to me "ford haven't fixed the EcoBoom engine problems" So that made me question buying one. 

I love the look of the fiesta and the interior and kit you get with it. 

• Like 1

I've had 2 2017 Ecoboost Fiestas (one was stolen)   The ecoboost problems were sorted out before the 2017 cars.   The main problem was the pipes to the turbo but they seem to be made of a different metal by 2017.   The problems with the auto gearbox were also sorted out by 2017.

• Like 2

Which 2017 Fiesta are you looking at? That was the year they changed models. In March 2017, the Mark 8 was released, before that it was the Mk7.5. I personally prefer the look of outside of the Mk7, but like the inside of the Mk8.

Just now, Jim H said:

Which 2017 Fiesta are you looking at? That was the year they changed models. In March 2017, the Mark 8 was released, before that it was the Mk7.5. I personally prefer the look of outside of the Mk7, but like the inside of the Mk8.

Thanks for your reply. 

It's a MK8 67 plate 1.0 ecoboost 100hp. 

Someone said to stay away from the 1.1 Ti-VCT 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GingeSylo said:

Thanks for your reply. 

It's a MK8 67 plate 1.0 ecoboost 100hp. 

Someone said to stay away from the 1.1 Ti-VCT 

Yep, I'd stay away from non-turbo engines. They may be eco, but have no Boost!

• Like 2

Hi All, 

Thought I'd post back here. 

I've gone and bought a 2017 Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost. 38000 miles on it £7140. 

One downside is it has a small tear (see pic) doesn't look major but does anyone have any experience of how much something like that would cost? 

image.png.cd80ce7b2caf8b53e38281a4dee06a5d.png

On 3/5/2021 at 3:32 PM, Jim H said:

Mine's an April 2017 reg and it's the Mk 7.5.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club