Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eibach Pro Lowering Springs

Sam92

Hi all!

Does anyone have the Eibach Pro kit installed on their Focus? I’m thinking of putting them on mine, but as it’s a daily driver the only thing that’s putting me off is the ground clearance for the nose. I occasionally use a multi-storey car park and the ramps to the next level up are quite steep. Has anyone here had any issues with ground clearance at all?

I’d also love to see any pictures of yours with the springs on!

Cheers!

I have a 2007 ST with H&R springs which is 20mm front and 40mm rear and haven't really had any issues with ramps in multistorey. Road humps though can cause issue if they are the ones that are like in the middle of the road, not the ones that go the width of it. Not too much of an issue just the engine tray will sometimes scrape them

24 minutes ago, jonj1611 said:

I have a 2007 ST with H&R springs which is 20mm front and 40mm rear and haven't really had any issues with ramps in multistorey. Road humps though can cause issue if they are the ones that are like in the middle of the road, not the ones that go the width of it. Not too much of an issue just the engine tray will sometimes scrape them

That’s not too bad then. Do you manage to get over the speed bumps at a slower speed, or are they always catching the tray? I think the Eibach Pro’s drop my car by 30mm at the front, so might have an issue with the bumps then 

It depends on the height of the bump, the one I am talking about is near me and quite tall, others I can go over no issue.

These are the ones I am talking about :

speed-bumps.thumb.jpg.c404a62a452dc694a387519c7b7416d6.jpg

That size is fine, but the really high ones can be troublesome. But its really just scraping, nothing worse

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

That’s not too bad then. Do you manage to get over the speed bumps at a slower speed, or are they always catching the tray? I think the Eibach Pro’s drop my car by 30mm at the front, so might have an issue with the bumps then 

The lowering values that Eibach specifies are based on the standard suspension. The ST-Line has the sport suspension which is already 10 mm lower than the standard suspension. If Eibach specifies a 30 mm drop it will only be 20 mm on a car that has the sport suspension.

• Like 1

Don't forget the MK3 has a deeper bumper than the Mk2.  I scraped mine at standard height getting on to a mates driveway that I'd previously used many times before in the Mk2 lol. :rolleyes:

If you're alone in the carpark, you could always get out and gave a look to see how much clearance there is currently...

I have the following Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. They lower the front 25mm, rear 10mm. I bought them to have better springs than the standard Ford, not to lower the car. Waiting for the warmer weather before fitting. If I remember, I'll measure the car before removing the originals, and again when the new ones have settled down. The Eibach shop did phone me before shipping, to check I was happy with the drop, and offered a lower alternative, should I prefer them.

Springs Eibach Focus ST.jpg

19 hours ago, jonj1611 said:

It depends on the height of the bump, the one I am talking about is near me and quite tall, others I can go over no issue.

These are the ones I am talking about :

speed-bumps.thumb.jpg.c404a62a452dc694a387519c7b7416d6.jpg

That size is fine, but the really high ones can be troublesome. But its really just scraping, nothing worse

Yeah we have those sort near my house too, currently I glide over them without a problem. Might have to resort to going over them slowly with one wheel on it to lift it over if I want to avoid the scraping altogether 😣

18 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The lowering values that Eibach specifies are based on the standard suspension. The ST-Line has the sport suspension which is already 10 mm lower than the standard suspension. If Eibach specifies a 30 mm drop it will only be 20 mm on a car that has the sport suspension.

So not as much of a drop as I originally thought then, would it even be worth it? I still think the ST-Line looks a bit high for what the car is though. 

18 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't forget the MK3 has a deeper bumper than the Mk2.  I scraped mine at standard height getting on to a mates driveway that I'd previously used many times before in the Mk2 lol. :rolleyes:

If you're alone in the carpark, you could always get out and gave a look to see how much clearance there is currently...

Not a bad idea, might have to try that on my next venture. Let's hope no one comes behind me while I'm looking, or I'll look like a bit of a weirdo with my measuring tape at the bottom of the ramp 😆

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, YOG said:

I have the following Eibach Pro-Kit Springs. They lower the front 25mm, rear 10mm. I bought them to have better springs than the standard Ford, not to lower the car. Waiting for the warmer weather before fitting. If I remember, I'll measure the car before removing the originals, and again when the new ones have settled down. The Eibach shop did phone me before shipping, to check I was happy with the drop, and offered a lower alternative, should I prefer them.

Springs Eibach Focus ST.jpg

I'd love to see the pictures once you have them fitted and they've settled properly. In regards to the quality though, I thought Ford fit Eibach across the board anyway, so you'd only be getting a lower spring, not better quality? unless you mean better quality in regards to handling? Just asking as my old Zetec and my current car both have Eibach springs, accourding to Etis anyway....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club