Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Mk4 Auto Field Service Action 20S74


Recommended Posts

I have just received the following 20S74 service recall alert message via my Ford Pass app and also on Ford Etis.

 

Outstanding Field Service Actions

20S74 - FOCUS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION STUD INSPECTION

 

Any other Mk4 auto owners received this message and know anymore information about the recall ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • PLB changed the title to Mk4 Auto Field Service Action 20S74

The customer letter about says what's involved and why. Sort of anyway. Basically there's a stud that can rub on a wiring harness. The first recall was supposed to replace that stud with a bolt but looks like the wrong stud may have been replaced in error on some vehicles . Nothing major but you need it booked in asap for it to be checked . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iantt said:

The customer letter about says what's involved and why. Sort of anyway. Basically there's a stud that can rub on a wiring harness. The first recall was supposed to replace that stud with a bolt but looks like the wrong stud may have been replaced in error on some vehicles . Nothing major but you need it booked in asap for it to be checked . 

OK, thanks for that information.

Yes, I had the previous stud/wiring harness recall check carried out some time ago.

I will contact the dealer to arrange them to carry out the checks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mines a Mk4 69 plate auto. Never had the recall in the first place. When about was the first recalls? 

As far as I know they’ve stopped making the 8 speed auto box 🤔 

1st service is due in about a month..18k miles 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my October 2019 Focus done back in September last year after receiving notification on my Ford App.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MarkRS9 said:

I had my October 2019 Focus done back in September last year after receiving notification on my Ford App.

You will have this recall then shortly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Mines a Mk4 69 plate auto. Never had the recall in the first place. When about was the first recalls? 

As far as I know they’ve stopped making the 8 speed auto box 🤔 

1st service is due in about a month..18k miles 

Yours probably not affected then as yours is a later focus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sneezy24 said:

Anyone had this done yet? (20S74).

 

If so, how long do they need the car for?

Yes, I had my car checked last week.

They need to carry out a visual check first to see if any further work is necessary.

It took about 30 minutes for my check and everything was fine so therefore no further action was required.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PLB said:

Yes, I had my car checked last week.

They need to carry out a visual check first to see if any further work is necessary.

It took about 30 minutes for my check and everything was fine so therefore no further action was required.

Great! Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My dealer wants it for the day in case it needs rework, so I need a courtesy car. All booked late in April...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of interest those that their dealer have asked for their car for the day did they have to carry out any work after the original wiring chaff inspection?

In my case my original wiring chaff recall check and this recent check after inspection involved no further work.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

My booking is for both, the visual check and then if any work needs doing it will be done straight away.

Sorry, i obviously have not explained myself very well. 😂

You should have had a recall notice '19S50 Wiring Chafe Safety Recall' sent out around July last year.

This latest recall notice '20S74 Stud Inspection Safety Recall' is a different recall and is to check that the previous recall work (if required) was carried out correctly.

So did you have to have any rectification work carried out regarding the first recall last year ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

No I've never had the first 19s50 recall.

Thanks Guy 👍

Strange, this latest recall appears to be just checking if the original work was carried out correctly as explained by Ian's second post in this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve not had one recall.  Had 1st service 18k miles yesterday . I’m trusting the dealership have done whatever work is required. 
It’s the Scottish version of Bristol Street. Have they got a good reputation down south? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership