Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S Problems Help?

Lowery0161

Hi all members!

I'm the proud owner of a 2010 Ford Focus Zetec S just purchased on the used market.

I have a few questions I was wondering if I could get help with from anyone with knowledge of the vehicles.

1. I believe it has a FX LNS Navi system installed and wanted to know how and if I could update the maps file on the SD Card?

2. When the heater is turned on on the hot setting it has a burning smell?

3. I was issued with 3 keys and one of the fobs doesn't work?(Possible dead battery?) If so will replacing the battery mean it will need reprogramming or should it just still work?

I look forward to a response?

Thanks! 🙂

5 minutes ago, Lowery0161 said:

3. I was issued with 3 keys and one of the fobs doesn't work?(Possible dead battery?) If so will replacing the battery mean it will need reprogramming or should it just still work?

Are you sure all 3 keys are the same? Usually what happens is the bonnet lock breaks so you end up with a different key that only opens the bonnet but doesn't fit in the ignition barrel.

Hi Luke,

Sorry for the slow reply, yes I've checked all the keys are the same and I'm pretty sure it is just a dead battery im just worried about the possibility of having to reprogram it to the car?

Just stick a new battery in and try it, nothing to lose 🤷‍♂️

Do you know what type I need Luke and have a tutorial on dismantling the key?

Thanks 

Should be a 2032 if it's one of the flip keys (tbh I think every fob I've changed used this battery). There's a guide in your owners manual for all the different key types.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club