Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring coil

OGorman

Was just driving along in my mk 4 focus 2018, and heard what sounded like something falling at my feet. When I’ve looked there’s a spring coil on the floor and have no idea where it’s come from. I’ve only had the car since October last year. Anyone have any ideas? I would post a pic, but don’t know how to do that from my phone. 

Inside the car? Sounds like a pedal return spring.

Yeah, was in the drivers footwell. 

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Inside the car? Sounds like a pedal return spring.

Just googled and yea it does look like one of these springs. Safe to drive ? Expensive to get sorted? Only had the car for 5 months. 

Ok, you can post a pic by clicking 'add files' at the bottom of the reply box if you like.

Perfectly safe to drive in the meantime.  New spring and retainer costs about £20 and can be fitted in a couple of minutes.

Must admit, this is the first time I've seen a MK4 break one.  Being a 2018, if you're still under warranty Ford might replace it for you for free.  Worth asking on Monday.

Thanks for that. Added photo! 

707F6563-339A-4925-A002-25466A14F2AD.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks  for your help. Very surprised that a car that is this new, would have this happen. Car is still under warranty, so I’ll definitely go down that route. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club