Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FOCUS ECOBOOST TITANIUMX NAV

Daffyduck1962

Hi Everyone

Thanks for adding me to your group. I've just bought a 14 plate ecoboost focus. Its an amazing bit of kit,  but having come from a life of owning diesels with stacks of torque, I am noticing the lack of acceleration. It produces 125hp as standard but being such a heavy car, it doesn't accelerate as well as I am used to.

I've heard rumours that you can have the car 'chipped' to 140hp but does this have a down side to reliability an will I se much of a change in acceleration?

Edited by Daffyduck1962
spelling
  • Like 1

Hi daffy i have just joined here aswell. I have just moved from the fiesta 1.0 ecoboost to the focus titanium x . Like you there is a good bit difference in acceleration but i just put it down to being a bigger heavier car. Mines has all the toys aswell but seem the previous owner has removed the sd card. Its a mine field trying to find out what card should bit fitted . Other than that its a great upgrade from the fiesta 

• Like 1

Without going back to a diesel, what is the best mix for acceleration to fuel consumption? Just covered 420 in a day in my focus on motorways and dual carriageways, yet only averaged 45mpg overall!  Is this good for this engine / size of car?

On 3/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, Daffyduck1962 said:

Hi Everyone

Thanks for adding me to your group. I've just bought a 14 plate ecoboost focus. Its an amazing bit of kit,  but having come from a life of owning diesels with stacks of torque, I am noticing the lack of acceleration. It produces 125hp as standard but being such a heavy car, it doesn't accelerate as well as I am used to.

I've heard rumours that you can have the car 'chipped' to 140hp but does this have a down side to reliability an will I se much of a change in acceleration?

Hi welcome 🙂

On 3/6/2021 at 9:08 PM, tondoc said:

Hi daffy i have just joined here aswell. I have just moved from the fiesta 1.0 ecoboost to the focus titanium x . Like you there is a good bit difference in acceleration but i just put it down to being a bigger heavier car. Mines has all the toys aswell but seem the previous owner has removed the sd card. Its a mine field trying to find out what card should bit fitted . Other than that its a great upgrade from the fiesta 

Hi welcome 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club