Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Estate (62 plate) Tit-X Park Assist malfunction

Seaward

Hi

My partner's Mk3 Tit-X Estate has the full Active Park Assist system, which is now showing Parking system malfunction. I've searched the forum, and cannot find anything I haven't already tried. Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

A few weeks ago, the error message came up on the Cluster. So I used FORScan to connect, and the PAM had logged a short circuit fault for each individual Sensor. I cleared the codes, and the Parking system worked fine for a week or so until we had some heavy rain. After reading about Boot leaking issues on the Mk3's I popped out the bungs under the Rear Bumper on both sides, but felt dry inside. I removed the foam inserts from the side cubby, both sides of Boot, and no signs of moisture. The wiring loom checks out okay, no visible signs of damage.

The PAM is now logging the same codes as before, but won't clear. So I purchased a used PAM off eBay (BM5T-15K866-BR). Exactly the same as the original. But had come off a C-Max.

The new PAM threw up multiple codes, I didn't take note, but they seemed to point to communication fault. So I was thinking perhaps the PAM needs configuring?

But pushing the Parking Sensor button, the display showed the sensors working, and walking around the car, each Sensor was confirmed working. I then cleared the codes off the new PAM, and the original codes came back for each individual Sensor, and now the Park Assist is disabled again.

I reconnected the original PAM, and the same codes appear again, unable to be cleared. I've attached an image of the Codes which do not clear.

1104817450_PAMcodes.thumb.jpg.d02bde3aa64e477ba0c05dea4cd996c4.jpgI have a copy of the wiring diagrams, and know my way around a multimeter. I'm pretty sure the fault is to do with the electronics/modules, rather than the wiring. Although, I haven't actually confirmed if any sensors/wires are defective as of yet.

Are the modules plug and play? Or do they need to be configured to the car? I only have FORScan software, but couldn't see any option to configure the PAM.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, as we were going to take it to a garage for investigation, but they said I'd already done what they would do. 

Hi Lewis, I would love to help but to be honest you have already covered everthing I would have done. Not that I could see how it would cause all the fault codes you have but do you know if all the sensors are working ? Just woundered if one sensor was a bit "iffy" and causing random codes.

I noticed that you say you have a copy of the wiring diagrams - Might I ask if you could point me in the direction of where I could find some for my 2019 Focus Estate thanks?

Hi

When I first tried the new PAM and discovered the system was working. I already had my laptop connected with FORScan. Using the live data function, I could see all Sensors reading 3 metres. When approaching the Bumpers, the readings would reduce to 2, then 1, and 0 with the correct warning tones, including the visual display.

The wiring schematics I have, came from the first post in this Pinned Thread. Being a 2019 model, you'd need the Mk4 drawings surely?

I see you have 12 dtcs, so which two are not sensor dtcs. 

I see the two now. Power short to ground on both front and rear. It's a strange one. I would check the voltage at one of the sensors at pin one with sensors still connected . So back probe the pin. 

Also check the Pam module input voltage and earth. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club