Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 FOCUS HEADLIGHTS

MATTYD77

Hello..

I need some new headlights on my MK3 Focus, 1.6 Tdci, Titanium X .

The previous ones both had water in them that appears to have fried the auto levelling function so that every time I turn the ignition on I get a warning 'HEADLAMP MALFUNCTION, service REQUIRED'.

The LED strip still works, as do the headlights, but as I want to sell it I obviously need to have them fixed.

The garage that I use contacted the auto part dealer for a price on two new ones and was quoted £1500....each!.

Surely this cannot be right?

Does anyone know of any non brand replacements or anything I can do to repair the ones I have?.

Many thanks for any help you can give me,

Regards,

Matt.

Original new Focus MK3 HID headlights are indeed very expensive. There may be cheaper sources but £1500 a piece from a main Ford dealer is not uncommon. As far as I know there are no aftermarket manufacturers that produce replacement headlights for the original HID headlights.

Depending on how bad the water ingress was you basically have 3 options:

1. Buy a pair of new headlights (European Parts sell the original black HID headlights for €1900,- a pair).
2. Buy a pair of secondhand replacement headlights. These however are quite rare and usually also quite expensive.
3. Fix the headlights. The "HEADLAMP MALFUNCTION, service REQUIRED" warning message is quite common and usually caused by defective wiring inside the headlight. As a result of the wiring inside the headlamp constantly moving the wiring of the height adjustment often fails. Wiring repair kits to solve this problem are available on eBay.

• Like 3

Many thanks for your swift reply and answers.

Will try the wiring repair option for a start I think!

Much appreciated,

Matt.

On 3/7/2021 at 6:47 PM, JW1982 said:

3. Fix the headlights. The "HEADLAMP MALFUNCTION, SERVICE REQUIRED" warning message is quite common and usually caused by defective wiring inside the headlight. As a result of the wiring inside the headlamp constantly moving the wiring of the height adjustment often fails.

Exactly!

Could you help to share the HCM log and setting value for the Adaptive one?

I'm trying installation the ones on non-adaptive equipped Focus.

93367057_1557333617750440_7877627760745644032_n.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club