Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not starting after fuel filter change

Stuart1990

Afternoon all. Up sh*t creek and could do with some advise. 

Changed fuel filter on mother in laws car. Mondeo 1.8 tdci. Topped it up with fresh diesel, bled air out the system. But still won't start. Tried turning the ignition on and off for 5 minutes. Still nothing. Just a dead battery

Any help would be great

I've had when I failed to do mine, still not done. But a fella gave a good spray of brake cleaner through the air intake hose, it start just fine after that. Give a spray up there towards the engine.

On 3/7/2021 at 1:50 PM, Stuart1990 said:

Afternoon all. Up sh*t creek and could do with some advise. 

Changed fuel filter on mother in laws car. Mondeo 1.8 tdci. Topped it up with fresh diesel, bled air out the system. But still won't start. Tried turning the ignition on and off for 5 minutes. Still nothing. Just a dead battery. 

Any help would be great

Did you make sure the large rubber seal was put back in the right place i.e. underneath the lip on the filter instead of on top of the lip?  If it's in the wrong place, you won't get a good enough seal to get the engine to run.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club