Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Stereo Wiring Advice

jonj1611

On my 2007 pre face lift ST I am wiring in a Pioneer stereo. The only issue I have is the blue wire, in the manual it says :

Blue/white (5*)The pin position of the ISO connector will differ depending on the type of vehicle. Connect 5* and 6* when Pin 5 is an aerial control type. In another type of vehicle, never connect 5* and 6*

Does anyone know the aerial control type is on an ST? I do not have DAB, just the standard Sony ST2 stereo

THanks

Blue/White is the remote wire.  It gets powered when the stereo is on so back in the olden days it would be used to raise electric aerials...remember those!? :laugh: 

These days it's usually used as a switch wire for an amp if you're adding a separate sub and amp.  Sounds like it's not needed on your setup.

Many thanks ,yes I do remember them 🙂 I am going to use the blue/white wire to power the dab/aerial splitter I have but and bear with me here in their infinite wisdom Pioneer have 2 blue/white wires! 

So a diagram is easier, what I want to use is number 11 or 12 in the diagram however number 21 is the car ISO connector and there is a blue cable that on the back of the connects2 adapter I have goes to a blue/white cable and this is where I am getting confused, because the blue cable is coming from the car, does it need to be connected and if not what is its purpose. And 10 and 11 are strange as if connected they are both supplying and receiving voltage 🤪

bbbb.thumb.JPG.348207e5273000a7baf4a46181f381bb.JPG

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

back in the olden days it would be used to raise electric aerials...remember those!? :laugh: 

Yes. "Back in the olden days" I had a Rover 600. One of the better cars I've owned (basically a re-badged Honda).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jonj1611 said:

Many thanks ,yes I do remember them 🙂 I am going to use the blue/white wire to power the dab/aerial splitter I have but and bear with me here in their infinite wisdom Pioneer have 2 blue/white wires! 

So a diagram is easier, what I want to use is number 11 or 12 in the diagram however number 21 is the car ISO connector and there is a blue cable that on the back of the connects2 adapter I have goes to a blue/white cable and this is where I am getting confused, because the blue cable is coming from the car, does it need to be connected and if not what is its purpose. And 10 and 11 are strange as if connected they are both supplying and receiving voltage 🤪

bbbb.thumb.JPG.348207e5273000a7baf4a46181f381bb.JPG

Ah ok, not as simple as it seemed then! :wink: 

10 & 11 does make sense - the aerial feed would be part of the cars wiring which is why they'd need connecting together.  The remote wire powers from the stereo, not from the car.  So voltage into the headunit through the red, then back out through the blue to the aerial.

Not sure what would be powered by a remote on a modern Focus.  Can you double check the pin number/location on the quadlock?

You are right about 10 and 11, was having a mental block, was thinking the blue was supplying power from the car for some reason.

On the quadlock I found a diagram its connected to pin 2 in Connector/Part B

bbbbb.thumb.jpg.5101ad8d9d93598f2d6a4f7af6533c97.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonj1611 said:

You are right about 10 and 11, was having a mental block, was thinking the blue was supplying power from the car for some reason.

On the quadlock I found a diagram its connected to pin 2 in Connector/Part B

bbbbb.thumb.jpg.5101ad8d9d93598f2d6a4f7af6533c97.jpg

Yeah, looks like it definitely is a remote wire.  Can't think of even any options that it might have been used for though.  

• Like 1

So managed to get the wires sorted but how on earth you got all of them plus the connects2 interface behind the stereo is beyond me, i have tried everyway of squeezing them in!