Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus powerfold

smurf1984

Hi guys need a little advice I’ve installed powerfold mirror with puddle lights wired them up and used FORScan to turn enable powerfold works great but can’t get puddle lights to come on am I missing something?????

2 hours ago, smurf1984 said:

Hi guys need a little advice I’ve installed powerfold mirror with puddle lights wired them up and used FORScan to turn enable powerfold works great but can’t get puddle lights to come on am I missing something?????

if the wiring is in your car they should work

I had to add wiring that’s what my thought was if powerfold works so should puddle lights also changed bulbs but still nothing 

If you're confident the bulbs work, they are simply not getting electricity when they should. You need to just trace the wiring from the puddle light down the harness to the connectors and check with a multimeter where the break in 'electricity' occurs.

bulb are good even changed for new ones ive been out checked voltage only getting 10v

Finally sorted it out and all working good how would I go about getting the mirrors to fold off key?

On a Focus MK2.5 folding the mirrors automatically when unlocking/locking the car requires custom door module software.  This custom software is for example available as a paid function (requires tokens) within the Russian UCDS diagnostic system.

18 minutes ago, smurf1984 said:

Finally sorted it out and all working good how would I go about getting the mirrors to fold off key?

So you keeping the solution a secret then?

For some reason FORScan wouldn’t turn them on even tho it did say they were enabled so I downloaded elmconfig and that worked installed some led ones they are a lot better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

On a Focus MK2.5 folding the mirrors automatically when unlocking/locking the car requires custom door module software.  This custom software is for example available as a paid function (requires tokens) within the Russian UCDS diagnostic system.

This sound expensive?

12 hours ago, smurf1984 said:

This sound expensive?

It is.  Most of us just put up with it...  I was intending to get mine folding on the key for the whole 3+ years I owned the car. :rolleyes: 

There was a guy loaning out his UCDS cable on here and the ST forum a while back but I'm not sure if he still does it now.  Can't remember his username unfortunately.

Don’t get why they make it difficult I had a MK4 mondeo titanium x which powerfolded off button and to get that to work of key was just change the module in the drivers door 

Folding the mirrors automatically when unlocking/locking was never available on the Focus MK2/MK2.5. Ford did simply not implement this function.

Take into account that the Focus MK2 was developed in the early 2000's. Folding the mirrors automatically when unlocking/locking was introduced on most Ford models much later. 

Programming the custom Focus MK2.5 door module software using the UCDS system requires the older UCDS V2 diagnostic adapter (UCDS currently sells the V5 diagnostic adapter). The V2 diagnostic adapter is quite rare these days.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club