Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Please! Ford Focus 109bhp 2008 diesel

I’ve got a Ford Focus 2008 1.6 tdci 109bhp 

And it’s currently a piece of s**t most hillE or major incline it completely drops all power I’ll go from 70 to 40 or 90 to around 50 on a dual carriageway while pinning my foot to the floor it’s just got no guts,  recently fitted a new turbo, cleaned out the dpf, cleaned the egr and I’ve unplugged the mag sensor to see if it’s that I can’t find any issues with it and I am lost no body I know can figure it out, any ideas would be much appreciated I mean there can’t be any stupid ideas considering how lost I really am with it oh and every time I plug it in there’s no codes that come up 

1 hour ago, Joshhainesy said:

it’s just got no guts,  recently fitted a new turbo, cleaned out the dpf, cleaned the egr and I’ve unplugged the mag sensor to see if it’s that I can’t find any issues with it and I am lost no body I know can figure it out, any ideas would be much appreciated I mean there can’t be any stupid ideas considering how lost I really am with it oh and every time I plug it in there’s no codes that come up 

I guess you have thoroughly checked all the intercooler hoses and pipes, and the cooler itself, for leaks. Splits are usually well hidden round the backs of the hoses!

The turbo control system on these cars is really very poor, just a vacuum modulating solenoid valve and no position feedback from the turbo. So the ECU has no idea what is really happening. The software on these cars is quite strange as well, so it could be a problem with the new turbo or the vacuum solenoid, and the ECU can't really see the problem to raise a code.

Also some code readers miss out a lot of codes. Are you using Forscan? There is not much on a Ford that that system misses.

Ye I’ve checked all the pipes and made a little smoke tester kit to put through and didn’t see anything but going to do it again when I can get it up in the air a bit so I can see everything and it was just a snap on scanner I’ll try forscan when I get an opportunity, how would I go about checking the solenoid? Havnt heard that one yet 

10 hours ago, Joshhainesy said:

how would I go about checking the solenoid?

It is usually down the back of the engine, not easy to see:

TCV_1-6.JPG.5daa242ffc23f9375c9d0208a47a

It is variously called pressure regulator, turbo control valve, turbo solenoid, etc. And it is a common failure point, but a reasonably cheap part. It is usually diagnosed simply by replacement.

See:

If you want info on Forscan, look at the Forscan site: http://forscan.org/download.html

And for one supplier of adapters: https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

4 hours ago, Joshhainesy said:

I’ll fit a new one and check it out

The vacuum hoses to it have also been known to cause problems. Depending on cost of part & difficulty of access, it might be worth checking those first.