Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maps update Focus mk4

Kyr_Foc

Hello all,

I just download the Map_20289147009_Update and i cant find '' DONTINDX.MSA'' file.

where can i find it ? its important or i can start updating at the car without it ?

thank you!

Don't worry about it, it's not important and not included in latest updates.

• Like 1

Thanks Waggy I proceed to the installation ! 

• Like 1

Just don't be in a hurry when you do the update. I did the update on my Mk4 Focus two days ago and it took a full 86 minuets !!!

Also of course the car has to have the ignition on the whole time which is a problem since after about 6 minuets the car wants to turn off to save battery power.

So I took mine for a little drive while it did the update (most things work but you can't adjust the volume on the radio). I ended up travelling 77 miles by the time the update was finished. Maybe Ford should consider breaking the map updates in to 3 of 4 smaller files so that they can be done a bit at a time.

On the plus side, I've done mine now, just have to log back in to Ford and confirm the Maps have been installed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, unofix said:

Maybe Ford should consider breaking the map updates in to 3 of 4 smaller files so that they can be done a bit at a time.

OTA download works like that, picks up wherever it left off last time it was connected to WiFi. Took me a week! But no having engine running on my drive, just a few minutes connection with engine off car locked outside the house every time I came home. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, unofix said:

Maybe Ford should consider breaking the map updates in to 3 of 4 smaller files so that they can be done a bit at a time.

Better still if they allowed you to download only the countries that you want with the option of downloading other ones as and when you need them. That is what Here Maps (the ones that Ford use) allow you to do if you download their offline maps on your phone. The whole of the UK plus voice files for offline use on your phone is only about 1GB. 

Make sure you have plenty of time to spare to perform the update.

I updated to f9 yesterday and finished step one, but due to an emergency I had to stop step two in the middle of the update. It somehow “updated” as the maps were listed as F9 but I did not trust that.

So today I went out and got to a place where I could park my car and started the step one procedure again. It took exactly 50 minutes until the pop up that says it finished step one and that a key cycle is required. Before I could even get out of the car the unit restarted itself and the “software update” banner appeared again. I waited a whole hour again and the step 1 pop up appeared again (wtf?). I gave up and went home and later in the day when I went out the unit said the update was performed successfully and that I should remove the usb stick.

Make sure you have plenty of time and don’t really trust the instructions provided since the update works in mysterious ways.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:32 AM, Eliterox said:

Make sure you have plenty of time to spare to perform the update.

I updated to f9 yesterday and finished step one, but due to an emergency I had to stop step two in the middle of the update. It somehow “updated” as the maps were listed as F9 but I did not trust that.

So today I went out and got to a place where I could park my car and started the step one procedure again. It took exactly 50 minutes until the pop up that says it finished step one and that a key cycle is required. Before I could even get out of the car the unit restarted itself and the “software update” banner appeared again. I waited a whole hour again and the step 1 pop up appeared again (wtf?). I gave up and went home and later in the day when I went out the unit said the update was performed successfully and that I should remove the usb stick.

Make sure you have plenty of time and don’t really trust the instructions provided since the update works in mysterious ways.

So your car was off and the update continues ? 

I had the same problems as Eliterox!  You cannot trust the instructions, even though I printed them out and followed them without interruptions.  I reckon it took me a total of over 3and a half hrs and a quarter of a tank of petrol. I waited 2 yearsand 3 months for this update, and it’s still a year out of date.  Absolute pants!  My old TOM TOM sat Nav updates via Wi-fi every 3 months and all I have to do is plug it into the mains and walk away.  I will never buy another Ford, given this and their generally abysmal customer service.

• Sad 1

On 3/11/2021 at 9:18 AM, Kyr_Foc said:

Hello all,

I just download the Map_20289147009_Update and i cant find '' DONTINDX.MSA'' file.

where can i find it ? its important or i can start updating at the car without it ?

thank you!

Troubleshooting

having trouble getting a log file generated for your SYNC 3 update? Please follow below steps:

1. Download this package (ZIP 47KB) and extract it on a USB stick (the USB stick needs to in ex-fat format)
  2. Enter your vehicle and switch on the engine
  3. When Sync 3 is fully loaded, insert the USB stick
  4. Wait until an “installation complete” message appears (it may take approximately 1 minute). This should now have produced a new log file
  5. Return to your PC and complete your update by uploading the log file onto the Ford website
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club