Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supagard

TomsFocus

Has anyone had a new Focus Supagarded at the dealers recently?  What was the cost?  (Cost depends on car size I believe, hence posting in Focus forum).

I do want some sort of long term paint protection now that I can no longer clean a whole car, let alone apply wax & sealant.  A few years ago I'd never have entertained the idea...how times change eh!  One of my Mk3s had been Supagarded 3 years before I bought it and the coating was still working which surprised me at the time. 

Was considering allowing them to Supagard it if it was under £100 - but have just seen the Supagard stuff available on eBay for under a tenner.  It's literally just a sponge that's soaked with the stuff?? :ermm: 

Now obviously, the dealers aren't going to be prepping properly, so I don't see why I couldn't apply it myself in the same way, one panel at a time over a few days.  Am I missing something here? 

SUPAGARD BIONIC PAINT SEALANT PROTECTION | eBay

I get my dealer to apply DiamondBright ( free ) but I’m sure it’s not applied correctly just some young kid half heartedly splashing on. But free so can’t complain.

• Like 1

Just now, Andyr55 said:

I get my dealer to apply DiamondBright ( free ) but I’m sure it’s not applied correctly just some young kid half heartedly splashing on. But free so can’t complain.

Oh...I'd definitely have it done if it was free! :laugh:  I thought it was an upsell for the salesmen though, how do you get it free?

Asked for it as part of my deal..... worked on the car I have at the moment as well.

Im sure to be paying for it somewhere along the way 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Asked for it as part of my deal..... worked on the car I have at the moment as well.

Im sure to be paying for it somewhere along the way 😂

I'm not sure how they're making any money on mine...  0% APR plus £1000 finance contribution, and was already a few grand cheaper than RRP!  

I fully expect to be offered every type of protective coating and insurance they can find. :laugh: 

14 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not sure how they're making any money on mine...  0% APR plus £1000 finance contribution, and was already a few grand cheaper than RRP!  

I fully expect to be offered every type of protective coating and insurance they can find. :laugh: 

It would be interesting to know the bottom line cost of building a new car.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 7:49 PM, TomsFocus said:

No idea I'm afraid.  I didn't actually want a factory order but they hadn't built any in my spec so it was the only option.  

40 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My dealer (trust ford) tell me every time that my deal is going to loosing them money!

I do have a good discount plus ford finance deposit. 

• Haha 1

Avoid supagard at all costs, it's not a bad product when applied properly. However I can tell you now a dealer will just slap it on and call it done, they just like to flog it with their cars and charge ridiculous amounts for a mediocre product. The only reason they can get away with still selling it is down to the average consumer not knowing any better and being sucked into the complete bullshit coming out of the dealers mouth. I imagine they all still wash their car with a sponge, builders bucket and a chamois leather!

It's also ridiculously out of date by todays standards. If you want your car protecting for the long term, you're probably not going to get much better than a ceramic coating. With it being a brand new car there should be little decontam/prep to do. Remember even these high end ceramic coatings don't last forever, so either supagard is an incredible product the whole of the detailing world has somehow overlooked or the dealer is talking out of his *****.

That being said, if it's being offered for free then I suppose some protection is better than none at all.

Bubble wrap is cheaper and should stop most stone chips. It might be better to ask for stone chip paint or no paint at all with how its sparingly put on.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club