Do Not Sell My Personal Information

68 plate Vignale 1.5 182ps from a 2010 Zetec 1.6 TDCI

jason56d

After much procrastination, I have taken the plunge and am buying a 68 plate 1.5 182 ps Vignale auto in black. Done 10k, 1 owner car.

This will be my third Focus after my Mk1 and current Mk 2.5. Love me a Focus, and really like the Mk4 shape and style. 

Been looking at cars, specifically the ST Line X, for around a year and ummed and ahhhed, then this one came up and I loved the look of it and took the plunge. Wasn't looking for an auto, but the wife said she would prefer one as she more driving than me and does a lot of town driving, park assist will be very welcome in that respect.

I see there are a few issues that people have had with MK4's, but that's the same with any new car. And forum's are places for people to come and seek help if required. 

Anyone care to share positive experiences of their Vignale to whet my appetite till I get mine in around 2 weeks? And I will be back numerous times for tips and advice!

Think I am going to enjoy the luxury! 

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-10 at 18.31.28.jpeg

• Like 2

I’ve got the stx with the same 182 engine and 8 speed auto gearbox. Done 17k miles, can’t fault it! Drives extremely well, plenty of power, handles well. You’ll have multi link suspension too. The Vignale was just a little out my price range. Maybe next time as long as Ford produce a similar engine and decent gearbox to go with it. You will be pleased with it . 💯 

• Thanks 1

I have the same Vignale (Ruby red) with manual box. Bought from new late 2018,one of the first in the country. When I picked it up from the dealer it had drawn a crowd of people on the forecourt because it looked so good.I have owned and driven loads of Fords over the past 40+ years including all Focus MK's and think this is definitely the best so far. Apart from few minor issues including a noisy front droplink. I've had no troubles. Very luxurious driving experience and plenty of power  for the adventures. A real wolf in sheep's clothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

I have the same Vignale (Ruby red) with manual box. Bought from new late 2018,one of the first in the country. When I picked it up from the dealer it had drawn a crowd of people on the forecourt because it looked so good.I have owned and driven loads of Fords over the past 40+ years including all Focus MK's and think this is definitely the best so far. Apart from few minor issues including a noisy front droplink. I've had no troubles. Very luxurious driving experience and plenty of power  for the adventures. A real wolf in sheep's clothing.

Thanks, that’s good to hear. It is a very good looking car. A few people I’ve shown the pictures too even called it beautiful. 

My stepdad has recently moved to Cornwall (aged 87!!!!) from Essex and am looking forward to driving the 450 mile round trip in it once lockdown has ended and I’m allowed too.

Honestly can’t wait. Be the nicest car I’ve had for a while, serves me right for having 4 kids that required people carriers! Bit of luxury and go finally.

Nice.  I have an STX 182 auto but kind of wish I'd got the Vignale.  I don't have rattles.  Had one breakdown caused by the high-pressure fuel rail, all fixed under warranty.

They do look good in black.    Auto is the way to go, you'll not go back 😁

Oh and let us know if you try the park assist.   I have it, tried it once but bottled it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Nice.  I have an STX 182 auto but kind of wish I'd got the Vignale.  I don't have rattles.  Had one breakdown caused by the high-pressure fuel rail, all fixed under warranty.

They do look good in black.    Auto is the way to go, you'll not go back 😁

Oh and let us know if you try the park assist.   I have it, tried it once but bottled it.

Oh really? That’s what I originally wanted. Only saw this Vignale by chance as forgot to select ST Line X on Autotrader. 

Think I will be the same to be honest! Auto parking?! What kind of magic is that?!? 🙂 But will persevere just to train the wife as she is an awful parker! But I will be bricking it the first time I use it. Watch Matt Watson from Carwow when he tries it on the Focus. He laughs so much he screeches. 

• Like 2

STLX is a good car, I'm just getting too old for hard suspension 😀

• Haha 1

I’m getting too old for torsion beam suspension! 

• Like 1