Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My radio is locked

Asa Vance

So, I brough a ford focus from a friend, but they put the radio code in wrong so many times that it just says locked and that's all it does, can put the code cabt do anything. If anyone know how to fix this or has advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Asa Vance said:

So, I brough a ford focus from a friend, but they put the radio code in wrong so many times that it just says locked and that's all it does, can put the code cabt do anything. If anyone know how to fix this or has advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks 

Plenty of folk on Ebay profess to getting the code issue fixed...click here (It's against forum rules to discuss directly) Welcome to the forum.

Ok thank you I will definitely look into that 

On 3/12/2021 at 12:36 AM, FiestaForever said:

Welcome to the forum, I think there should be a reset button, which is the size of a pin which can be depressed. I am not too sure if every model has one. You could possibly look for instructions on the net for your specific model.

So I look around  the internet and couldnt find anything on the internet out a reset button, it's a ford focus 2008 estate 

From internet:

"There is a limit of ten tries when entering a code. After you reach the limit, the radio enters in "Locked" status. To reset it, hold button 6 for ten seconds. It will bring you another three attempts, but take care if you spend it too, the radio is going to be permanently locked with "Locked 13" message..."

https://radiocodeford.com/6000-cd-radio-code

Not sure if it applies to this one, but on some of the Ford radios you just need to leave it switched on for a full hour (suggest driving or connecting battery charger) and it will unlock so you can try again.  

Maybe try this?  Possibly only works for the older radios but worth a try...

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, Stevey78 said:

Hi none of the sites linked above were able to decode my serial number, does anyone know of any others?

The eBay link above leads to 100s of 'decoders' from 99p, am shocked that none of them worked...😂

• Confused 1

Has a post been deleted here?

3 minutes ago, mjt said:

Has a post been deleted here?

Yes, was from a newbie telling us how wonderful a 'decoder' company he used as none of the above ones in this thread worked from him. Got the feeling he was just advertising his wares at £4.99 a pop 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes post(s) deleted.

They were just advertising links to Radio codes posted by Stevey78 which are not allowed on the FOC.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club