Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car :)

GingeSylo

41 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's a smartphone app for Fords.  Shows service history amongst other things.  You just need your VIN to set it up.

Just downloaded it and surprise surprise no ford dealer history. 

Not a happy chap. 

Will email the dealer so it's in writing. 

IF they can't produce the correct service history then I'll be sending the car back and getting my money back. 

• Like 1

Only participating dealers enter this info. Many smaller dealers dont

• Like 1

How do I check if there are any recalls outstanding on my fiesta? 

The .gov site shows safety recalls from your reg.  

Ford ETIS also shows TSBs (not all shown on gov site afaik) but you do need to register for it.

• Like 1

about the temp guage , it sits slightly left as you mentioned, that is its ( normal operating temperature ) indication, it sits there when coolant temperature reaches exactly 82 degrees, it stays there all the way to 106 degrees ( that's the normal operating temperature for our little ecoboost ) , if the actual temp goes a single degree above 106 then the needle would move, so if you noticed the needle moves even a little bit away from that position then that's an overheating issue.

you can check and confirm all of this by looking at the actual coolant temperature in the hidden menu 🙂 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Do you have the FordPass app?  If it was serviced at Ford, the services will show within the app.  If it wasn't serviced at Ford, the dealership won't know anyway.

I have the Ford pass app but only 1 out of my 3 services show so that may not help, I also have the service book with all 3 stamps.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tiexen said:

I have the Ford pass app but only 1 out of my 3 services show so that may not help, I also have the service book with all 3 stamps.

It's only the 'official' services that show on there.  If you have intermediate oil changes for example, they're not recorded.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's only the 'official' services that show on there.  If you have intermediate oil changes for example, they're not recorded.  

Yes, I've had annual oil/filter changes but only the one at the official service at 2 years was recorded in the service book. I have the bills, of course, but in my experience dealers never seem to have any interest in passing these on to future owners come trade-in time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, I've had annual oil/filter changes but only the one at the official service at 2 years was recorded in the service book. I have the bills, of course, but in my experience dealers never seem to have any interest in passing these on to future owners come trade-in time.

I don't think they're allowed to pass over any information with the previous owners address on due to GDPR? 

I suppose they could go through redacting it all with a black marker though... :biggrin:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't think they're allowed to pass over any information with the previous owners address on due to GDPR? 

I suppose they could go through redacting it all with a black marker though... :biggrin:

Yes, possibly so, but easily sorted  with a marker as you suggest (or with a pair of scissors😀).

(Previous keepers name used to be shown on the V5C. It was when we bought the Mrs's car as a pre-reg but that was 6 years ago and things may have changed since?)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, possibly so, but easily sorted  with a marker as you suggest (or with a pair of scissors😀).

(Previous keepers name used to be shown on the V5C. It was when we bought the Mrs's car as a pre-reg but that was 6 years ago and things may have changed since?)

Yeah it changed around the same time we started having to click cookie buttons on every webpage.  The previous owners details are no longer on the V5.  Have my Golf V5 to hand currently and even back in summer 2018 that didn't have previous owners details on.

• Like 2

I’ve found the original supplying dealer if the vehicle. Going to ring them Monday to see if they hold any service information etc. 

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, GingeSylo said:

Morning All, 

Picked up my Fiesta yesterday 67 plate but new interior etc. 

2 things I have noticed: 

1) Temp gauge needle sits slightly off to the left, gauge doesn't move when I put the heating on full whack so I don't think it's a cooling system issue? 

Just wondered if anyone had experienced this? 

2) there is a very slight intermittent clunk or knock when manoeuvring at low speeds, moving and braking

No clunks over bumps though. 

Other than that I love the car. 

I'm looking at taking out a warranty wise policy for it, it's £28 a month and covers literally everything. 

TIA 

Morning Sylo!

wish you the best for the new car! 

1st )   When I received my new focus I also paid the same attention to the temperature indicator, but I took it to the Fords workshop and the answer was that,  this is where the normal position of the indicator is.

2nd)   The noise is something like two metals hit each other ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyr_Foc said:

Morning Sylo!

wish you the best for the new car! 

1st )   When I received my new focus I also paid the same attention to the temperature indicator, but I took it to the Fords workshop and the answer was that,  this is where the normal position of the indicator is.

2nd)   The noise is something like two metals hit each other ? 

Thank you for your reply! 

The noise is similar to what you describe, but only happens when at low speed, i.e. parking in a car park.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah it changed around the same time we started having to click cookie buttons on every webpage.  The previous owners details are no longer on the V5. 

Aha, thought that might be the case. So the one for the Mrs's car with the name of the previous keeper (the dealer who pre-registered it) is in effect a historical document!😀

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GingeSylo said:

Thank you for your reply! 

The noise is similar to what you describe, but only happens when at low speed, i.e. parking in a car park.

I have a similar noise coming from inside but when the car is stoped and the engine on ... and I noticed that when I push the clutch it stops !(all this with the car having 5.000km)  So I video record this and go to Ford ( obviously the car did not do it in front of them 😂)  I showed them the video and the answer was that it could come from the clutch bearing but in order to understand exactly where it comes from they want this sound to be continuous

• Like 1

This is the first 3 cylinder engine I’ve owned or used. Mine seems like there is a small flutter in idle. Someone told me it’s because it’s a 3 cylinder engine? 

1 hour ago, GingeSylo said:

This is the first 3 cylinder engine I’ve owned or used. Mine seems like there is a small flutter in idle. Someone told me it’s because it’s a 3 cylinder engine? 

Yes they tend to call it a "three-cylinder thrum"

• Like 2

So I've had a copy of the original advert sent by Auto Trader. 

It states service history and last serviced at 37,281

Do I have a leg to stand on?

Also, when I open the doors I can see that the wing hasn't been fully painted is this normal? 

When I left the bonnet up, on the underneath of the bonnet there is 16/12 written on it with either tipex or white marker. 

I only see things like that on parts that have been taken off another car? 

14 minutes ago, GingeSylo said:

Also, when I open the doors I can see that the wing hasn't been fully painted is this normal? 

When I left the bonnet up, on the underneath of the bonnet there is 16/12 written on it with either tipex or white marker. 

I only see things like that on parts that have been taken off another car? 

Pictures?  Does sound like it might have been repaired...  But I can't think what 16/12 would even mean?  

Not sure what to suggest about the service history - but if they can't provide it after advertising it, I would at least want some money back myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Pictures?  Does sound like it might have been repaired...  But I can't think what 16/12 would even mean?  

Not sure what to suggest about the service history - but if they can't provide it after advertising it, I would at least want some money back myself.

I will get some pictures shortly. 

I was thinking 16/12 meant the bonnet was removed from a vehicle 16/12/2020 but I could be wrong. 

My plan is to get to the bottom of everything and then speak to the dealer and see what they come back with. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GingeSylo said:

I will get some pictures shortly. 

I was thinking 16/12 meant the bonnet was removed from a vehicle 16/12/2020 but I could be wrong. 

My plan is to get to the bottom of everything and then speak to the dealer and see what they come back with. 

I don't think the removal date would be relevant to anyone really.  I'd expect either the model year '2018', the mark 'Mk8' (or Mk13 if an eBay breaker :laugh: ) or the colour code to be written on.

• Like 1

I might be wrong but I thought all of the fiestas had led rear lights? 

Mine looks like the led ones but can’t get them to come in? 

532C57AA-79CB-409D-90AA-DEC9F94A800D.jpeg

20 minutes ago, GingeSylo said:

I might be wrong but I thought all of the fiestas had led rear lights? 

What exact model do you have? Not all Mk 8s had rear LEDs when first launched - Style, Zetec and ST-Line didn't have them, Titanium, Titanium X, ST-Line X and ST did, iirc.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club