Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car :)

GingeSylo

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

What exact model do you have? Not all Mk 8s had rear LEDs when first launched - Style, Zetec and ST-Line didn't have them, Titanium, Titanium X, ST-Line X and ST did, iirc.

67 plate 1.0 eco boost Zetec. 

Dammit, I thought everything Zetec and upwards came with the c shaped led lights on the rear. 

• Sad 1

Sorry to bang on again. 

Anyone that has the 10 ecoboost 100ps, is your idle completely smooth? 

My needle stays completely still but I can feel slight flutter/vibration when sat on idle once you take the revs up it goes.

Think I may hand this car back to the dealer, it's looking like no service history until 37,000 miles, Im not comfortable keeping a car that possibly has had no service until 37,000 miles. 

I would normally pay for an independent full inspection with report, sadly money is tight at the minute.  

• Confused 1

This seems a bit confusing now. It seems like you are finding issue after issue or are looking for problems.

Was the car purchased from a Ford Dealership?

If it was then they will be able to provide you with full history of the car, IF it has been taken to a Ford Dealership for Servicing, repairs and warranty work.

If it wasn't then I doubt the dealer who you purchased the car from would be able to provide all the details Ford could.

If you purchased the car knowing it only had a service receipt with 37k on the clock (not full service history) then, the car will be sold as that. They have to provide evidence of this though.

Ford may not be able to provide you with any information regarding the car, giving them the VIN number alone, as stated, they may need to see a copy of the V5 to show you are the new registered keeper of the car before disclosing any information regarding the vehicle.

I am not sure how data protection works regarding cars now.

The cars do appear to have a slight fluctuation when idling, our 140ps and 155ps both do, it seems perfectly normal to me especially when cold.

As Eric (I think) said, it was only StLX and above that came with Led rear lighting on the early models.

As I said previously, if the car was bought knowing there was very little service history or it was sketchy then I doubt you will be able to just hand the car back to the dealer.

It depends on what they can prove or provide, it may lead to a fight or battle. If the car is financed, it may be an option to get in touch with the finance company and tell them the issues as in all essence, the car is theirs until you make the final payment.

I know you say money is tight but if you have bought/paid good money for a used car, I would certainly pay that little extra and have an independent exam done for my own piece of mind. (It is akin to buying a house and not having a full survey done on it, only to regret not having done so a few.months down the line).

Good luck, I hope you have a favourable outcome.

• Like 3

On 3/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, GingeSylo said:

I’ve found the original supplying dealer if the vehicle. Going to ring them Monday to see if they hold any service information etc. 

On 3/15/2021 at 12:00 PM, GingeSylo said:

So I've had a copy of the original advert sent by Auto Trader. 

It states Service history and last serviced at 37,281

Do I have a leg to stand on?

Did you get any response from the supplying dealer?

Under the current service regime the car should be serviced every 18k or 2 years whichever comes first. If the last service was 37k that's about right, so if you have evidence of that, then you only need to confirm the first service was done around 18k and that's your full service history.

To me, it really comes down to this. Did you rely on the seller's description of "full service history" when you bought the car. If so and they can't provide evidence of it, then you have been miss-sold the car and should be able to reject it. As Martin says, you may have a battle there, but should be able to enlist the help of your local Trading Standards if necessary.

On the other hand, if you bought the car "as is", knowing that the service history was incomplete, then you may be missing a leg! Though from what you say, you did  purchase the car on the strength of the advert, so have a good case.

• Like 1

Thought I'd post an update. 

No reply from the car dealer. Spoken to Trading Standards they are going to get involved. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club