Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smashed fog light

SMK7

Hi guys,

noticed this today when I was out at the car. It’s a focus mk4, question is what would you advise, go straight to dealer or is it cheaper to get the part and replace it myself? Is it difficult? Plus, anyone have any links to where parts like this can be ordered? I’ve searched but can’t really find any

068CB92B-4873-4A74-95AD-F7DF05314B5B.jpeg

That's interesting, exactly the same thing happened on mine!  Possibly a design flaw as I haven't seen a smashed fog on any other car for years.

It doesn't seem like aftermarket manufacturers are producing them yet.  So you can either buy brand new from the dealers, or ask a breaker if they'll sell just a single fog - FORD FOCUS MK4 FROZEN WHITE 2019 ZETEC NOW IN FOR BREAKING!! FULL FROTN END | eBay

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

That's interesting, exactly the same thing happened on mine!  Possibly a design flaw as I haven't seen a smashed fog on any other car for years.

It doesn't seem like aftermarket manufacturers are producing them yet.  So you can either buy brand new from the dealers, or ask a breaker if they'll sell just a single fog - FORD FOCUS MK4 FROZEN WHITE 2019 ZETEC NOW IN FOR BREAKING!! FULL FROTN END | eBay

Unfortunately won’t ship to N Ireland 😕

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Dealer quoted me £75 for part, £125 to put in. Seems expensive.  I could order part and get a local mechanic maybe

5 minutes ago, SMK7 said:

Dealer quoted me £75 for part, £125 to put in. Seems expensive.  I could order part and get a local mechanic maybe

Aren't there any breakers with a Mk4 in NI?  Normal garage will probably halve that labour cost.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Aren't there any breakers with a Mk4 in NI? 

I've had a few bits off Traynors who do alot of Fords, bound to be worth a phone call...

https://www.traynors.co.uk/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Aren't there any breakers with a Mk4 in NI?  Normal garage will probably halve that labour cost.

Having a bit of trouble 😅

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I've had a few bits off Traynors who do alot of Fords, bound to be worth a phone call...

https://www.traynors.co.uk/

Thanks mate, I had a look at the website and they didn’t seem to have any. I’ll call tomorrow. At this rate I wouldn’t mind paying the dealer the 75 quid but I can’t get a hold of my local mechanic so I dunno if he’s versed in replacing those on my year of car 😕