Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Know How Often The Mk4 Fob Battery Needs Replacing?

CallMeSteven

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I can just imagine how tiresome this would be for you, admittedly, it's an awful hassle twisting that bit of metal to fire the engine into life rather than pressing a button 🤣

It's not the physical issue of twisting or pushing a knob, but the problem with remembering which pocket or  bag my keys are in 🤣

• Haha 2

This thread is taking a serious wrong turn {euphamisms] pushing things into holes, pockets ....... didnt know about the twisting bit, is that where ive been going wrong all these years ??????

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I can just imagine how tiresome this would be for you, admittedly, it's an awful hassle twisting that bit of metal to fire the engine into life rather than pressing a button 🤣

And having to switch the lights and wipers on manually 😱

F*** that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JImpster said:

This thread is taking a serious wrong turn {euphamisms] pushing things into holes, pockets ....... didnt know about the twisting bit, is that where ive been going wrong all these years ??????

I asked the wife, she doesn’t know either. 

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2021 at 6:22 PM, south_bound said:

Message just came up in my dash, so will be changing the battery when I get around to getting one.  How long do I have after the message first comes up?  

I think my message was on for several weeks before I changed mine. Don't panic.

BUT don't forget to change spare fob too, as that will have been transmitting for the same amount of time as the one you've been using, even though it's been put away in your bedside drawer since new!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, alanfp said:

BUT don't forget to change spare fob too, as that will have been transmitting for the same amount of time as the one you've been using, even though it's been put away in your bedside drawer since new!

Good point. I got the message on the way back from my first MOT - I was using my spare as I always do when leaving my car for service etc, as my main fob has my house keys on it. Changed the battery in the spare and the other one went a few days later.

11 hours ago, StephenFord said:

it's an awful hassle twisting that bit of metal to fire the engine into life

Well I never knew that they had made the Mk2 Focus with a starting handle 🤣

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, unofix said:

Well I never knew that they had made the Mk2 Focus with a starting handle 🤣

The handle is fine, it's the kickback that's the killer! LOL

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I was using my spare as I always do when leaving my car for service etc, as my main fob has my house keys on it.

You need to get one of these, put you car keys on it, and you can separate them out instantly for car servicing and take house keys with you...

keyring.thumb.jpg.10fdf2a9a17537197f98d8ef57b6069a.jpg

9 hours ago, alanfp said:

Only if the car is pre-2020.  Any newer cars with sleepy fobs only transmit when they're being moved which should make the batteries last longer... :smile: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

You need to get one of these, put you car keys on it, and you can separate them out instantly for car servicing and take house keys with you...

keyring.thumb.jpg.10fdf2a9a17537197f98d8ef57b6069a.jpg

Lol I'm surprised at you Stephen. That costs £1.99 whereas I can slip the spare keys in my pocket for free!😀

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol I'm surprised at you Stephen. That costs £1.99 whereas I can slip the spare keys in my pocket for free!😀

What can I say - it was a gift LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

What can I say - it was a gift LOL

Joking apart - it's a very neat idea😀

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Only if the car is pre-2020.  Any newer cars with sleepy fobs only transmit when they're being moved which should make the batteries last longer... :smile: 

I assumed that, but mine is 2019 build.  I am using the spare until I get around to getting batteries and no low battery message yet, then I'll do the two together. 

On 12/21/2021 at 9:57 AM, StephenFord said:

My point exactly LOL I have no issue at all having to put my key in the ignition, and twisting. I rented a car last year with 'keyless', I absolutely hated it...

I can just imagine you warming your hands at the camp fire in your cave - "that central heating idea is idiotic, what's wrong with chopping down your own trees to create heat, it'll never catch on?  as for electricity, forget it"

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club