Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ST servicing

TimST2

Well my 3-year service plan with TrustFord came up for renewal this week and gave me pause for thought.

My 2016 Mk7 Fiesta ST-2 was already low mileage when I bought it in 2018, but this last year has taken that to extremes. In June it'll go for its 62,500 mile service, except its currently only done 23,600 miles - that's 477 miles since the last service! :ohmy: Given that it needs an MOT anyway I will get it serviced. I'm a stickler for getting my cars serviced on schedule anyway, but it does seem a bit mad this year.

For a price comparison I called Tarnock Ford. They're actually a bit less convenient for me than TrustFord in Bristol where I can leave the car while I'm at work (assuming I do ever go back to the office). It turns out that the TrustFord service plan price is the same as the current price of the next 3 services and MOTs at Tarnock Ford. Of course with the service plan the prices won't rise with inflation each year and I get 10% off of parts and labour too.

So despite not currently driving the car I'm going to renew the service plan. Lets hope life gets back to normal soon. I guess one positive is that I won't be needing to replace my car any time soon.

33 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

For future reference, the cost of the service plan was £847.50 for 2 standard services, one major service and 3 MOTs.

Full list of benefits here: https://www.trustford.co.uk/servicing-and-parts/service-club/

That seems quite expensive tbh, how much is the major service service on the ST?

37 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

For future reference, the cost of the service plan was £847.50 for 2 standard services, one major service and 3 MOTs.

Full list of benefits here: https://www.trustford.co.uk/servicing-and-parts/service-club/

How much?!?! MOT's let's say are £40, so that's £727 for 3 services. That means you're probably paying £200 for each minor service and £320 for a major? Yeah no thanks haha.

Interestingly, Ford ETIS shows it as 2 major services and one interim service. The service plan doesn't itemise the cost, but Tarnock Ford are charging £269, £189 and £259 for those 3 services.

TrustFord did all the servicing on my last two Fords. It's been super convenient and they've always done a good job. They replaced a few parts under warranty too with no quibling (radiator fan on my last Fiesta, air con compressor and drivers seat on the ST).

I'd be interested to know how much others are paying for Mk7 Fiesta ST servicing.

@Zico?

Sorry just seen this. Ironically enough I just had a service and MOT on the 16th. Ford were wanting £169 for an Essential Service* and £55 for the MOT (The 6 year / 75000 miles service** is listed as £305).

Considering I had only driven 3389 miles in the last 12 months (and that the car is now 6 years old with 44,226 miles on the clock) I took it to a local garage just around the corner from my office and was charged £143 for both the interim service and MOT.

Taken from the Ford website:

*Ford Essential service provides high-quality essential checks and maintenance from our Ford-trained technicians, as an alternative servicing option outside the Ford Scheduled Service portfolio, including:

• Ford Video Check
  • oil & filter change
  • Air or pollen filter change

**6 Years / 75000 Miles Scheduled Service - Designed by Ford Engineers to keep your vehicle in the best condition and help maintain its value, Ford Scheduled Service intervals run in accordance with the Ford Service Portfolio, and is required to maintain the manufacturer warranty.

• Specific to your vehicle based on model, transmission, age & mileage
  • Service is carried out by Ford-trained technicians.
  • Only original Ford parts are used.
  • Includes comprehensive Ford Video Check
  • Certified record of official Ford service history.

Pending what happens in 12 months time, I might consider doing a major service at the local (ish) independent Ford dealer that I used to use when it still had warranty but there prices have gone up a bit since I last used them (plus I've now moved a bit further away so it's only really convenient if I am visiting my father's house).

54 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Thanks @Zico. I think an Essential Service is the new name for a MotorCraft service isn't it?

Must be trying to tempt the Waitrose shoppers to Ford's!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Must be trying to tempt the Waitrose shoppers to Ford's!

I doubt the Honda jazz brigade will convert to a ford. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

One Does Not Simply Meme | ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY DRIVE A HONDA JAZZ AND NOT BE OVER 75 | image tagged in memes,one does not simply | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

• Haha 3

On 3/25/2021 at 2:05 AM, Zico said:

Considering I had only driven 3389 miles in the last 12 months (and that the car is now 6 years old with 44,226 miles on the clock) I took it to a local garage just around the corner from my office and was charged £143 for both the interim service and MOT.

Pending what happens in 12 months time, I might consider doing a major service at the local (ish) independent Ford dealer that I used to use when it still had warranty but there prices have gone up a bit since I last used them (plus I've now moved a bit further away so it's only really convenient if I am visiting my father's house).

Did you just have the 6 years / 75,000 mile service? ETIS is showing that as a major service, then the 7 years / 87,500 mile service as an interim service, then the 8 years / 100,000 miles service a major service again. That tallies with the Tarnock Ford quoted prices too.

Mine's about to go for the 5 year / 62,500 mile service (despite only having 26,000 miles on the clock), then the new service plan will cover the next 3...

12 hours ago, iantt said:

Have you seen the shape of the new ones?  Thought it was odd I was seeing so many already crashed within the first year...turns out they're just designed to look like they've rear ended someone! :laugh: 

On 3/26/2021 at 9:44 PM, TimST2 said:

Did you just have the 6 years / 75,000 mile service? ETIS is showing that as a major service, then the 7 years / 87,500 mile service as an interim service, then the 8 years / 100,000 miles service a major service again. That tallies with the Tarnock Ford quoted prices too.

Mine's about to go for the 5 year / 62,500 mile service (despite only having 26,000 miles on the clock), then the new service plan will cover the next 3...

No I had just an interim service this year instead of a 6 year / 75,000 major. I actually had more work done last year (brake discs, pads, hoses, fluid and some other bits) on top of the usual. With the low mileage over the last 12 months, I thought it would be best to skip a major service until next year at least and now that it's out of warranty I'll most likely go to non dealer garages unless the independent Ford dealer I last used is competitively priced and/or it's more convenient.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 9:12 PM, TimST2 said:

One Does Not Simply Meme | ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY DRIVE A HONDA JAZZ AND NOT BE OVER 75 | image tagged in memes,one does not simply | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

ive got the misfortune of having to drive a honda jazz with cvt transmission tommorow 90 miles!!! and car only goes forward. no reverse! thats why ive been  volunteered to fetch it and see if i can repair or fit a 2nd hand transmission. 

partners mothers car so i got no choice in the matter really.

im sure im getting covid symptoms this afternoon🤧🤒😷

• Haha 6

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

ive got the misfortune of having to drive a honda jazz with cvt transmission tommorow 90 miles!!! and car only goes forward. no reverse

Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse?

Not going Star Trekkin' are you?😀

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Boldly going forward 'cause we can't find reverse?

Not going Star Trekkin' are you?😀

is derby "across the universe" theres  klingon's on the starboard bow. 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club