Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Osram lights fitting question

theblur20

Afternoon all, 

Recently fitted some OSRAM Night Breaker Laser lights (H7) to replace my default ones on 2013 Ford focus. 

After installing them, which was simple enough, they seem rubbish, as in they don't seem to shine at all very high into road, very low compared to old ones. 

I don't know what's going on as I'm hoping it just bad fitting but then replacing lights pretty hard to mess up, given they only go in one way and the actual light unit fits in only one way it seems too. 

Any ideas what going on? 

Thanks as always 

As long as you place the bulbs in the light first with the tab at the top then press on the connector they should be fine. If you put them into the connector first then place into the headlight it can go wrong.  There is also up down alignment via the light switch. Pop out the circle in the center. Right is up left is down. 

I also replaced my lights recent;y with the same bulb, must admit, I'm quite pleased with the results unlike you. Maybe I'm not as fussy... 😁

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I also replaced my lights recent;y with the same bulb, must admit, I'm quite pleased with the results unlike you. Maybe I'm not as fussy... 😁

TBH the reflector in the mk3 is totally different to the mk2.  But I have lasers and they are very bright. 

I found Osrams to have a much shorter lifespan than the likes of Phillips Xtreme, but I would have thought you would be happy with the light output. 

I take it you have adjusted the leveller inside the car? 

Had night breaker once and the one bulb lasted for (about) 6-7 months.

Liked a lot Phillips Ecovision.

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

I found Osrams to have a much shorter lifespan than the likes of Phillips Xtreme, but I would have thought you would be happy with the light output. 

I take it you have adjusted the leveller inside the car? 

NightBreakers do/did have a reputation of doing what the name suggests, Breaking at Night!!  However I think all high performance bulbs have a much shorter lifespan than standard ones.

What you should have maybe done is driven close to a wall (or garage door) and marked with a bit of tape the beams before, then tested them after. I'm sure it's easy to adjust the levels, but as above, make sure the new bulbs are correctly seated first.

• Haha 1

I've used these or Philips in several cars now and always seen a noticeable difference.

If not it's likely they are either not seated properly or they are upside down.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 2:52 PM, DaveT70 said:

Could be fake, where did you buy them from?

amazon, I'm starting to think this now... 

I double checked and I did install them correctly, also checked my light settings and they are at correct level too. 

Last thing before I complain to amazon is, could it be my car battery maybe low or not giving lights enough power? (wild guess I know). 

Everyone I have spoken too says I should notice quite a difference and to be honest it's quite rubbish atm. I'll try get some pictures tomorrow and see what you guys think. 

Had Hid xenon, led system bulbs and osram night breaker. The best ive ever had until now is phillips eco. Also, heard/red positive reviews about phillips white vision, although it doesnt last long.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club