mk4 wiper stalk not spraying the rear i

Ian 2.2 sport tdci

hi i have a 2.2tx sport 

my wiper stalk pull lever doesnt spray the rear window ,it sprays front instead

the wiper push button for the windscreen works as it should

cannot get access to motor even with arch liner moved or fog light out

is it a bumper off at ford job

please any info to iangilleard72@gmail.com

You would be very unlucky if it was the motor since its the same motor that does both front and back, it simply rotates clockwise for one screen and anti-clockwise for the other.

The wiper stalk /washer control sends the Wash comand to the BCM which then works out if it the front or back screen you need washing. I know you have a Mk4 but Ford have used the same system for years and years so no reason to think the control will have changed.

There is already another tread on this topic with good information. I will see if I can find it for you. In the mean time I would leave the pump motor alone for just now.

Ok found the post it is the Fiesta group. Same system on the Focus, have a read and you will have a better understanding of how the system works. See picture attached:

washer problem.JPG

1 hour ago, unofix said:

You would be very unlucky if it was the motor since its the same motor that does both front and back, it simply rotates clockwise for one screen and anti-clockwise for the other.

The wiper stalk /washer control sends the Wash comand to the BCM which then works out if it the front or back screen you need washing. I know you have a Mk4 but Ford have used the same system for years and years so no reason to think the control will have changed.

There is already another tread on this topic with good information. I will see if I can find it for you. In the mean time I would leave the pump motor alone for just now.

So a stalk issue possible how could I change it also headlight washer not popping up 

I would think the next step would be to use Forscan and connect up to the diagnostics port on the car. Then you will be able to see what command the stalk is sending to the BCM and also what output the BCM is then outputing. Gone are the days when a switch was actually hard wired to the device it was controlling so you need to see what Steering column module (if your car has one fitted) is sending to the Body control module (BCM), and you then need to be able to see what the BCM is doing with the input it receives.

There are others on this forum that will be better able to help with Forscan than I can

1 hour ago, unofix said:

I would think the next step would be to use Forscan and connect up to the diagnostics port on the car. Then you will be able to see what command the stalk is sending to the BCM and also what output the BCM is then outputing. Gone are the days when a switch was actually hard wired to the device it was controlling so you need to see what Steering column module (if your car has one fitted) is sending to the Body control module (BCM), and you then need to be able to see what the BCM is doing with the input it receives.

There are others on this forum that will be better able to help with Forscan than I can

Cheers I'll see if someone in my area doncaster

10 hours ago, unofix said:

cheers 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club