Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interference or non Interference

Wi1189

Hey all, hoping for good news. Is the 2016 1.0 titanium X ford focus an interference or non-interference engine? Timing belt as gone at about 20mph just as I had enquired about getting it replaced the other week. 

Interference, engine will be scrap financially. Cheaper to source a used engine and fit it. 

1 minute ago, iantt said:

Interference, engine will be scrap financially. Cheaper to source a used engine and fit it. 

Just as I feared, not my first timing belt to snap on me but I fear this is going to be much more expensive the the 700 I paid the last time. 

37 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

How many miles has it done out of interest?  

12 hours ago, Wi1189 said:

That's surprising tbh, the recommended interval is 150k or 10 years!  Do you know if the wrong oil or any oil flushes have been used?

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That's surprising tbh, the recommended interval is 150k or 10 years!  Do you know if the wrong oil or any oil flushes have been used?

It's got the the correct oil but it was flushed August last year. 

5 minutes ago, Wi1189 said:

It's got the the correct oil but it was flushed August last year. 

Oh dear, that may be the cause then.  These use a wet belt that runs in oil, flushes can degrade the belt prematurely. 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Oh dear, that may be the cause then.  These use a wet belt that runs in oil, flushes can degrade the belt prematurely. 

IMG-20210316-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20210316-WA0000.jpg

• Sad 1

Would 100 % be buggered? Is there any chance to salvage it? Could take the head off and have a look?

41 minutes ago, guy woodbridge said:

Would 100 % be buggered? Is there any chance to salvage it? Could take the head off and have a look?

I've had a ***** timing belt on a previous car (driving along a dual at 70mph) and had to get valves replaced, this car I was doing 15mph if you're lucky as I was U turning with traffic blocking my way so I'll wait and see. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club