Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2.5 1.8tdci clutch problem

G.I.T 86

all I first time there hoping someone can help me.. I'm somewhat handy with cars but I'm having this one problem the the clutch pedal... it hits the floor I've to try use me foot to get it back up. I've read that it's mostly the spring that's the problem but it looks ok and I felt the prong that comes from the master cylinder to pedal I can wiggle it around don't know if that's supposed to happen.. one other thing is one night it started to work again for about 30miles then went back to the floor... I've noticed when I press down the pedal 2/3 the way down I here a clunk then the pedal sticks to the floor....

do we think master cylinder or spring

I would say the master cylinder if it keeps working on and off. 

yea I'd say so.... I'm just going to go for it. I have a 2006 focus there for parts but I don't think the master is the same it's only 1.4petrol

I had similar, where it would go to the floor, and I could pull it back up and it would work for a while.

Mechanics diagnosis was clutch concentric cylinder.

God I hope not I really don't wanna take off gearbox.

I was looking around the mk2 and mk2.5 focus of 1.4 up to 2.0 are all master cylinders the same the 1.4 and 1.6 petrol mk2 look the same

13 hours ago, G.I.T 86 said:

God I hope not I really don't wanna take off gearbox.

I was looking around the mk2 and mk2.5 focus of 1.4 up to 2.0 are all master cylinders the same the 1.4 and 1.6 petrol mk2 look the same

I think they're all identical. 
Very time consuming if you're doing it yourself in the street. I know this.  😉

yea I took my own out already took me 2.5hrs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club